KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 4x4 as a winter car, I get a lot of flooding where I am so I need something with a good wading depth. I've been looking at Freelanders and Discoveries but it must be cheap. Anyone got anything they want to part with? Any 4x4 considered.

This was the end of my road at the beginning of this week. It was about 18" and impossible for me to get out in my car.

Water Plant Water resources Plant community Fluvial landforms of streams

Reactions: Miner

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
What do you mean by cheap?
How much use will it get and how many people in it?

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean by cheap?
How much use will it get and how many people in it?
It's only really for me to use to get to the office during the wet winter months. I've been looking to spend between £2-3000. But I'm open to alternatives?

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That MY is out of my price range. I also would like to get a mountain bike in the back if possible. Nice car though.

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was hoping for something more SUV than truck TBH.

·
Registered
611 Posts
we used Subaru Legacy in UAE in the years we were there and drove it in the mountains and even a mild desert rally!
I can recommend you get a forester for that stuff!

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Forester is a good shout, rugged, reliable capable. You need to take the front wheel off to get a mountain bike in the back of a SWB Pajero (better with a towbar mounted Thule rack). You’ll definitely get a mountain bike in the back of a Hilux, probs get nicked though.

·
Banned
454 Posts
Can recommend the Gen 4 Pajero, wading height is about 8-900mm as the air intake is at the bonnet shut line. Slightly higher if lifted.

I've got the seven seater, same color, swb's are unobtanium here due to people cutting the roofs off to make a convertible, pity really, I also had a 1985 swb, loved that car, goes with my bike as well.

Dakar.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
[mention]kfa950sm [/mention]where are you from / at? I’ve seen a few of them, quite smart, like a Vitara on steroids.

SWB is great, spends most of its life with the back seats folded down and used like a van for carrying bike gear and dogs. 3.8 MIVEC V6 as well so does a mean Dakar impression.

·
Banned
454 Posts
[mention]kfa950sm [/mention]where are you from / at? I’ve seen a few of them, quite smart, like a Vitara on steroids.

SWB is great, spends most of its life with the back seats folded down and used like a van for carrying bike gear and dogs. 3.8 MIVEC V6 as well so does a mean Dakar impression.
I'm in the Aussie bush far from civilization, lots of Pajeros around here but very few for sale, when one does come up it's usually gone in 60 seconds.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
They’ve got quite the cult following down under. Mine is 10yrs old, had it for 7yrs, no drama, just wear and tear, and it gets used well. Solid motors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts