KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad times I'm afraid, I have given my Duke II her final wash before I trade her in tomorrow for a Dorsoduro, not been able to look her in the eye for the last few weeks. :p

Gave her the last washing yesterday so hopefully the new owner will be delighted, incidently if anyone ends up on the forum owning this bike and need to know anything in it's history, then get in touch. I took it the folder to the dealers yesterday, I had kept everything with this bike, even the tag from the original dealers on the keys, keyrings, KTM pen, accessories brochures, receipts etc etc, the numpty took all the receipts out and told me he didn't want them, chucked the tags off the spare key and asked me if I wanted the pen to keep. Not being funny, but a new owner would be more happy to see all this original stuff in the folder, what a c0ck !! Wouldn't be surprised if he took the tool kit out for good measure.

2007 KTM Duke II, Limited Edition No. 205.

The end of my Orange adventure...............well, until next time.;)

I bid you all good day and happy safe riding on your orange bikes :p;):burnout:

M

·
0 Posts
Beautiful color orange on them Dukes, love the metallic/pearl type finish.

You're right though, new owner would have appreciated all them reciepts and stuff. Whoever get's it though, looks like their getting a tidy one. :)

You sticking around on the forum though? :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'll still be sticking my nose in............think my blood was just starting to turn orange :D:D

I still come on this forum more than I go on the Aprilia one anyway, they are all stiffs on there and there is no real banter...:eek:

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Very nice! What are your first impressions? The Dorsoduro is one of the bikes I was considering next, or maybe a Street Triple. Keep us posted and pop your head into the forum every now and again...even if you have turned away from the Orange!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Funnily enough - I too handed over all the original paperwork, KTM bag and tools with my old 640. The dealer and new owner were also completely disinterested and as far as I can make out - most of it went in the bin (apart from the spare key). Apparently only saddo, anal retentive owners wearing anoraks are interested in all the 'old history' stuff.

M

·
0 Posts
^^ Really?
I thought it good I had all the old reciepts and documents with mine. If only to have the form to change over ownership on Datatags records. :D

Love the new bike btw, will look sweet that and the XT125 out together, your lady still got it?

What's the new bike like to ride then?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ Really?
I thought it good I had all the old reciepts and documents with mine. If only to have the form to change over ownership on Datatags records. :D

Love the new bike btw, will look sweet that and the XT125 out together, your lady still got it?

What's the new bike like to ride then?
Thanks for the comments Mistress Mikyla, I'm well impressed with the Aprilia and can't believe how smooth it is compared to the KTM. The Mrs still has the XT, but doesn't use it much nowadays which is a shame. I think she wants a bigger bike, but can't find anything she feels comfortable height wise on.

Managed 50 miles yesterday running her in (my new bike, not wife), Saturday will be they day of reckoning. I'm thinking Clitheroe, Slaighburn (1st butty stop), Ribblehead Viaduct, Cayton Layby (2nd stop), then possibly thru the Trough of Bowland an then back home........:smokin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts