KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a dick, I had a moment of madness last year and hung up my bike boots, sold my bike along with my GPS with all the routes on it!!!!!!

I now have new wheels again, so need some routes, Cant even find them on my PC!!!!!

So all you kind chaps that emailed me the Welsh routes around Chirk/Llangollen area, would you be able to email me those routes again, and tell me what software I need to view them. Was it Memory map?
There was a great route starting at Pentrafolas, that included the Grolsch Lane!!

Thanks very much.

Peter

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
id like to know where grolsch lanes is!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ktm 450

its a secret, and its an absolute b****d of a lane, I tried to do it twice and failed

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
peter LOL

i posted the link to shjow the lane on the OS map in my previous post.

Personally i dont think its that bad, you just need to attack in the right frame of mind and be fit but there are harder lanes out there, the motorway, bonkers gully, motel hill spring to mind

The hill that ktm450awyeah used to do before they fenced it off was a ferkin steep climb which needed alot of committment.

Out of all the lanes i've done motel hill is still one of the hardest you'll ever do, click on the link below

Maps of the world, street map search - powered by Multimap

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
we did the motorway earier on in the yeasr what a good track that was we went up it then did the grolcsh the next day.;)did we do that hill with you last year mark??

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
we did the motorway earier on in the yeasr what a good track that was we went up it then did the grolcsh the next day.;)did we do that hill with you last year mark??
Nooooooooooooooooo

I took raceleathers and knobby up well i should say they got about a 1/6 of the way up and gave up while me and brodie went up and back down again and they were still sweating there cocks off right at the bottom :D:D

we have some vid's somewhere that tophat/smokeyrob took on a previous trip funny as fuck....lets see if i can find them ;)

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
i will add this is at the top of the climb after all the hard stuff but a tree had fallen down "ahem" may have been placed at the right point "cough cough" to make it a bit more interesting for the rider ;)

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
i'd like to go up there with you brokenlegs,and swap routes we do a couple that are bastads when wet nearly impossible. this motel one sounds good! i just dont know if ive rode it, ive been riding ther for years, went out with Andy edwards years ago that was fun, i like it there when it's been pissing down for weeks proper bogs 3rd gear wide open and pray !!!

I'd heard they'd fenced off our little climb was kinda difficult that 1 10 attemps 1 success possibly 2 lol great fun

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
so how far is that climb from the cafe that used to be at froncelytte?
it doesnt look that far on the map 30 miles?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hope you dont mind me posting one of my Vids up, weve got a small club based in South Wales, and have a forum..southwalestrailriders (hope its ok to mention it) only been going about six months, me and my mate got kicked off quite a well known forum and started our own one up, bit rough round the edges but trying to establish a decent froum for anyone to join and come out with us and ride outs, dont know many lanes in the North, but we have quite extensive knowledge of the south and mid wales lanes.

Here's one of our typical Sundays out...please feel free to visit, and hope to see some of you one day..Oh, must of us are Orange...

Link to Video i made a few months back.

Untitled on Vimeo

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooo

I took raceleathers and knobby up well i should say they got about a 1/6 of the way up and gave up while me and brodie went up and back down again and they were still sweating there cocks off right at the bottom :D:D

Like when you fell off 4 times going up Ladybower, Hollinsclough and Tenterhill that brought a sweat on for you picking up that barge of yours

1 - 20 of 35 Posts