KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Al, Here's this weekends course from COWM Enduro day.
Full pretty much unedited lap. Was a really good loop this month.

Looks mad that place! Certainly not ridden anything like that before.

Been watching all the videos of Wern Ddu on YouTube and getting the feeling it's going to give us a bit of a hiding. Don't think I've ever really done a real hill climb before.

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
Reactions: Miner and Al_Orange

·
Registered
4,022 Posts

Been watching all the videos of Wern Ddu on YouTube and getting the feeling it's going to give us a bit of a hiding. Don't think I've ever really done a real hill climb before.
Protect your bike as much as possible. Recovering a failed climb on some of the hills is painful and expensive.........

·
Registered
9,121 Posts

Some of the big hills have been changed to help lower the noise but there's still plenty to die on 😁 😁 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

See if you can join up with some people who know their way around...

Reactions: Al_Orange

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Must be murder back home now with all the noise limits everywhere and the the Noise NIMBYs... one of the good things about riding out here, nobody cares, the locals are all driving Nissan Patrols with their exhausts hacked off.

They had issues with that years ago at Drumclog, some walloper moved into one of the ex-farm dwellings, then started complaining about the noise... happy swap places.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts

Proper terrain... looks like a good run out... winter is coming so access to similar (stony trails) is on the horizon. Need to get COVID tested to get back into Abu Dhabi though, checkpoints on the borders with the other emirates... best make the weekend of it.

·
Registered
565 Posts

Great video 👍🏻 pretty sure I saw your bike a few feet up in the air without you on top of it a little later in the day.... :)

Down in the hole over the far right corner... your mate watched you and then went the easy way round to the top where Fletch was!

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
@Fletch, what is on the brake hose near the perch?.

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
Starting to wish we'd planned to go to Cowm instead now. 🤣😅🤣
You won't be disappointed with either , better still do one day at each location over a weekend, Cowm on the Saturday, camp overnight at Wern Ddu ** and ride Wern on the Sunday..

**Camping at Wern Ddu is great, a nice big grassy area, toilets, showers, washing basins available. If there's space you might be able to leave your bikes in a container.

Reactions: Miner and Al_Orange

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Protect your bike as much as possible. Recovering a failed climb on some of the hills is painful and expensive.........
I've gone and bought a clutch case cover but other than a pipe guard it's not got a lot else. Hopefully won't bin it too hard as I tend to bail out early if I'm not going to make it...

plans are easy to change
You won't be disappointed with either , better still do one day at each location over a weekend, Cowm on the Saturday, camp overnight at Wern Ddu ** and ride Wern on the Sunday..

**Camping at Wern Ddu is great, a nice big grassy area, toilets, showers, washing basins available. If there's space you might be able to leave your bikes in a container.
I think we'll probably plan another trip if this goes well. For some reason my mates didn't want to do two days. I think Cowm looks more interesting as there's a lot more variety it seems.

If we can't make the hills then Wern Ddu is pretty much a waste of time... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: It'll be a laugh... I'll take the go pro to add to the other boring vids on youtube.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts