KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An evening with Austin Vince. Overland Explorer

West Yorkshire TRF have been lucky enough to secure the services of Austin Vince for one of his famous presentations on all things off-road.

Who is Austin Vince?

He’s the man behind the cult movies Mondo Enduro and Terra Circa. They are well established as the first two Adventure Motorcycle films ever made. It all started back in 95’ when Austin and co set out to ride around the world by the longest route possible on their second hand Suzuki DR 350s. En route they became embroiled in a 400 mile roadless section of Siberia they nick-named ‘The Zilov Gap’. After this dispiriting section they clattered another 2000 miles becoming the first Europeans ever, to get to Magadan via the so-called ‘Road of Bones’. This was immediately followed by the 18,000 miles from Alaska to Chile then another 10,000 miles from South Africa back to London. All this in an age before mobile phones, the internet and obviously, totally unsupported and unsponsored (Suzuki famously wouldn’t even give them a free spark plug!). 2001 saw them filming themselves crossing Russia once more (on the same bikes) and conquering the Zilov Gap. This made them the first team to get across Siberia without using the train. By riding on to New York the Terra Circa team firmly established the template that LWR would eventually copy.

On his return, Vince couldn’t get a single TV channel interested in his footage. How the tapes came to be edited and end up being broadcast is a very long story indeed…

This has been arranged for Thursday 7th October at our Cue Gardens venue, Station Road, Odsal, Bradford BD6 1BJ, 7.30pm-10.30pm.

Everybody is welcome, but please note Austin advises that the content is of “adult nature”

WYTRF Advanced Ticket price = £5
Non Members Advanced Ticket Price = £7.50
Or £10 on the night.

Please PM me with any questions or telephone 01274 632676 or 07901381629

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
I saw him at the Kent TRF version a few months ago and a great night was had by all.
He is totally irreverent, very funny and tells a great story interspersed with random meanderings and dodgyish photos.

I'm halfway through the Mondo Enduro diary-book at the moment and it's far more entertaining than Ewan Charley - and he has a good go at them as well in the talk.
My nephew has watched some of the DVD but no reports on content yet.
I'd say it's worth buying the book and DVD to help the poor man pay for food.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
i met him a few years back top bloke
the mondo and terra circa vids are 100 times more entertaining the charlie drama queen and ewans joke trip
those guys are a bloody inspiation and they had puntures charlie and ewan managed the whole trip without any mmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up guys.

We're all really looking forward to it...............

·
Premium Member
31,545 Posts
I will try persuade Brompton and StuJ to come over, via chez PEC :)

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I saw him at the Kent TRF version a few months ago and a great night was had by all.
He is totally irreverent, very funny and tells a great story interspersed with random meanderings and dodgyish photos.

I'm halfway through the Mondo Enduro diary-book at the moment and it's far more entertaining than Ewan Charley - and he has a good go at them as well in the talk.
My nephew has watched some of the DVD but no reports on content yet.
I'd say it's worth buying the book and DVD to help the poor man pay for food.
Dave...Dave is that you?

I cannot recommend seeing Austin Vince enough.You will have a blast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts