KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinell’ fucking mad few weeks eh ? First of all 4 weeks ago my brother, who is only 46, had a fucking heart attack and I had to get him to the hospital etc. No ambulances available, he had another one in hospital then straight to Broadgreen hospital in Liverpool for surgery, he made it though so all good in the end but a real life leveller . . .

Then this lockdown shit, I’m bored shitless and I must have done 165 DIY jobs and my forearm is like Popeyes after wanking myself into space for 4 weeks

So what’s new with you cunts ?

·
Registered
15,373 Posts
Sorry to hear about your brother Wazza! Fuck that’s a close call. He have to get a stent? Blockage?

·
Registered
15,373 Posts
I got a calcium score done on my heart last year. Just for piece of mind. Cost me $600.
It’s no guarantee of course, but if it’s high, and in the wrong places, along with high cholesterol, it’s probably worth investigating further.

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is well worth it, the consultant said he was just unlucky, one in a million chance that a clot got blocked where it did, make you think though, your health is your wealth as they say !

·
Registered
15,373 Posts
It depends so much on where it happens! You have to be lucky. My mates brother died on the train station, no one to help him, only 48.

·
Premium Member
7,596 Posts
Glad to hear your bro is OK.
Lad at Lympstone, 20, just finished is commando training and dropped dead on a grass verge on the side of the road....mate got a virus that gave him a heart attack, he was 40....

Done loads of odd jobs, she is finding more.....ordered a drone to play with....bike bits Ive ordered no sign of.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
We’ve had enough of gardening and diy nearly every day for the last four weeks so went for a walk in the local bluebell woods today. Surprised how few people out walking but quite a lot of traffic for a back road.

·
Registered
499 Posts
all work in the hydro carbon energy sector has been either cancelled or postponed til further notice, that makes me jobless ben not unemployed luckily.
we are still allowed to work at the office en go places, just keep to the 1.5m social distancing, no more than 3 ppl inside (fuel stations, icecream/"fish-n-chips" parlors, grocers/markets etc.)...

had a visit in the hospital (appointment) and on entrance it was screening/questionnaire and all that, and just as I got in the hearse (dead body carrier) left with 3 unfortunate souls...
my father is diabetic, with a wound on his leg that hasn't healed from the new ankle surgery 4 months ago. as he's 70+ and diabetic and a rise factor he's barred from the hospital until further notice too. doesn't help the healing, on the contrary even!

touch wood its not as bad as it is in the rest of the world. here in The Netherlands the northern 3 provinces (Groningen, Friesland and Drenthe) the infections are in the lower hundreds (less than 300 I read somewhere), whereas only 100~150km southbound the confirmed cases and deaths are in the thousands...

we've got ample time though to do as many of you smegheads do a shit load of DIY and outstanding bits n bobs.
garden and windows have never been this clean and cared for since new...

I hope everyone and their related stay in good health and make it through this pandemic.
stay safe!

Reactions: Majesty

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Glad to hear your brother is ok... sounds like quite an ordeal.

Been working from home for the last month, been busy as well as got some projects on and COVID impact... need a break from working from home... being busy in the house all day was getting on my tits this week. Decided the best thing to do was to get pished last night... made the mrs stay up a little later then had a couple of three finger gins after she called it a night. Rougher than Tarzan’s feet today...

Lay in the garden for a bit then into the pool... 41’C today...

Onto Ramadan hours tomorrow... 8-2 and working from home... start back on the bikes this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,602 Posts
Gardening, gave the dog a hair cut, shopping and picking prescriptions for older folk in my village. Good excuse to take the bike out. Drinking copious amounts of cider but also out on the mountain bike every day so have actually lost some weight surprisingly. Work is dead but we have service contracts for support so money still coming in. Not much wanking but there's still time yet. Made a tincture out of some weed I've been sitting on a few weeks back so that has been quite pleasant to keep me sane during this time.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think that's my brother's missus's place of work. Apparently she's back running the A&E there now their kids are a bit bigger.

I've been working from home - and an airfield - for 19 years now, so no difference really. Luckily my advertising clients' businesses haven't been negatively affected by the covids. In fact, TV commercial airtime is so cheap right now, and audiences are so high, that I've been getting them a million quids worth of advertising for £50K a pop, which means their businesses are going through the roof. It's like all their birthdays and Christmases have come at once. Never seen anything like it before.

Some people are going to be coming out of this seriously wedged.

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I’ve built a pergola, redone my drive with Tarmaseal, laid 6 x 2.4m sleepers as a flat border for my patio, painted the summerhouse, re-sited my 20ft flagpole (not a euphemism) and cut down 3 trees.

Next jobs are:

1. Re-hang my gates (fucking massive and heavy cunts)
2. Paint the garage internally, UVPC clad the ceiling, then lay carpet tiles
3. Artificial grass on a large flagged area for the boy to practice footy on
4. Buy another bike !

On a positive note I’ve been off medication since October and feel good, even though the last 6 months have been the hardest of my life, which is so, so odd, but I’m not complaining, I feel alive again, as good as I’ve done for 10 years or more, long may it continue !!!

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Upvc ceiling in a garage! :oops::oops::oops::oops:
That’ll be nasty and noxious if there is a naked flame.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts