KTM Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Or maybe Aussie beer is just shit, had nothing to compare it to.
I don't know. I had some good stuff down there a million years ago when I visited. A mate picked me up at the airport in Sydney when I arrived and we decided the best way to get rid of jet-lag was to immediately try every beer we could. He was/is a bit of a real ale buff and acted as my guide. It worked. And I distinctly remember that there were some decent beers in amongst the onslaught.

·
Registered
15,395 Posts
😂yes icy cold beer is king in summer. No one is actually tasting it! And after 4 no one cares.
The whole fucking “micro brewery” bullshit has hit real hard here!
You blokes have had them, and refined them, and nailed it over about a million years. But ours are fresh, there are some rippers.
But anyone with tattoos, beard and check shirt thinks he can make beer. Most are smashed with so much fucking hops they are undrinkable! I want my beer to taste like beer. Fucking wankers.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
We had two or three nice (proper) beers in Sydney brew pubs a couple of years ago.
Lager is only an emergency drink for me.

·
Registered
583 Posts
But anyone with tattoos, beard and check shirt thinks he can make beer. Most are smashed with so much fucking hops they are undrinkable! I want my beer to taste like beer. Fucking wankers.
Couldn't agree more there. Bottles of vomit. Microbreweries can stick their IPAs right up their arses. That's all they make over here. And they all charge 8 quid for their little bottles of liquidised sick. It's always fun to watch the local hipsters trying not to wince as they sip that shit.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I always liked VB when in Australia but that Canadian Club on tap is good.
Craft beer is just an excuse for people to sell and drink shit beer that tastes like someones old socks. The worse it tastes the more they rave about it, Tarquin has a lot to answer for.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Similar to 'micro-food' producers over here. A bunch of sandal wearing beardies and wild-haired crusty women show up in the village square every two weeks and lay out a handful of scabby looking veg, eye-wateringly expensive loaves of bread, and dangerous looking cheese.

They've recently made a Facebook page were the local middle-class yoga and mindfulness afficionados can fill the gaping black holes in their souls by ordering this shit up front and then pick it up from the back of Catweasel's Volvo in a local car park once a month. I noticed recently that someone was offering a litre of milk for six quid. SIX QUID! Mind, they do stress that they supply it in a recyclable glass bottle.

I'm thinking about popping 'round the local Lidl, snapping up all of the out-of-date and misshapen products, replace any packaging with bits of old newspaper, take a dump on the veg, and sell it to Cressida and Tarquin for ten times what I pay for it. I'll be minted.

·
Registered
15,395 Posts
088C6C98-41AF-4477-AF2A-B3BC2466BC09.jpeg
2BDBAD2E-491E-4201-A2ED-622E0657D1BF.jpeg

stage 2. Followed by three of my favourite things.
Excellent beer 🍺 really bloody good. Even better after completely shagging your back on the shovel.

·
Registered
15,395 Posts
Charlie from nowhere! I’ve never heard of them. I’m intrigued. I’ll be doing some research 👍
I have English speakers.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts