KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Plan A is obvious

IMG-20200321-WA0003.jpeg

I had no plans to stockpile until BoJo closed the bloody pub!

I still have work until end of next month, then being one of the self-employed this government hate so much I will be "living" of fuck all a week most likely, so the next time some moron whinges about how little tax the self employed pay the will be dying a lot faster than any fucking virus could kill them!

Still I reckon I can last a while on savings, although I had other plans for them (SMT / Ski Trip / Alps Tour) so will have to take up Gardening instead, plus at least a weekly rideout if they don't blockade the roads, a nice drive in the country is good for people, so I cannot see an issue with that, but who knows as other countries seem to be stopping people driving anywhere - but let them walk around the park, which is worse IMO.

Anyway, hopefully it won't be as bad as the Gov fear, they seem to be planning for the worst, which is good, let's all hope for the best.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Internal alcohol sanitizer?

I see you have Corona vaccine there. Is it like Homeopathy where you treat the illness with a watered down dose of itself?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Spending a lot of time on my couch, started MTB'ing again, finished setting up the 2020 300, trying learning how to ride a one-wheeled bike, painting new antifoul on and polishing/waxing my boat, next projects are setting up a new 2020 350 and teach my son to ride a Oset 16 in the forrest when i'm MTB'ing.
We are not totally locked down here in Denmark, but restaurants/cafés, bars, shopping-centers, gyms, etc. are closed and its not legal to be more than 10 people together anywhere and you have to keep a 2m distance to anyone that doesnt live in your househould.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
We're under quarantine since a week now. Well, I have a special written permission to leave home as I work for DHL.
But today they sent me home...

I did not leave my sofa the last ten days (except the three hours per day I work for DHL). I look like a fat, ugly pig. OK, I looked like an ugly pig the last two decades but that I am so fat now is a pain. Fitness club is shut down, riding my Gasser isn't possible. We just sit around and and wonder what's going on. I am bored as I can't go to the pub, can't meet me friends, can't drive to my garage to play with my bike... And today the government enforced a curfew until at least April 19th. :/
you're gona have to re-spring you fat sofa chunk...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
i've been social distancing and isolating for the past 15 years anyway...

·
Registered
9,033 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Internal alcohol sanitizer?

I see you have Corona vaccine there. Is it like Homeopathy where you treat the illness with a watered down dose of itself?
Win Win I guess, if it is a vaccine I have been building up quite some immune response for over 2 decades, was certainly drinking it back when they sponsored Suzuki in WSB.

TBH some is Xmas leftover, and the Corona was on special just before this broke out and I think Corona and Coors Light are great summer BBQ Beers - problem now is I will not be able to invite anyone so will have to drink it all myself :)

I also discovered I can do small circles on my driveway on the FE 350, so if the roads are locked down I can still ride, albeit only at 2 mph, but by the time this is over my slow speed balance should be way better, if I can convince the Mrs the lawn would benefit from the bike riding over it I could do slight bigger circles and practice donuts.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Use your wheelie bins as 'cones' to practice lock to lock figures of 8 (going both clockwise and anti clockwise .....)
I've noticed a lot of people still planning on going riding but as much as it hurts, I'm going to stand by my point of not riding for a while.... However, I reckon I've got just enough room in the garden to practice hopping the trials bike so I'm hoping at the end of the three months, I'll basically be Toni Bou.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Working as normal.

Self employed and don’t have premises so very little help for us!

As usual they think you’re a millionaire if you have a business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
That would be a perfect isolation training project David.
The trouble is, we are a huge pile of money down on our savings investments, which is all we have to live on. I get my state pension in August but chucking a few grand at a garden bike is possibly not a good idea at the moment. I was crap on a trials bike anyway.

While we were away we decided to blow a chunk of my pension pot on one last slightly silly car before the fun police ban fun but we’ve even put that on hold. We’re not exactly broke but a bit of prudency might be a good idea. It will come back though....hopefully. Really glad we are past working days. Probably not a lot of call for architects at the moment and they have just shut down the office at the golf club my wife was bookkeeper at.

We did at least buy a decent treadmill back in the winter so can put some time in on that if we’re not gardening or diy’ing.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts