KTM Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
There's nothing like being stuck at home with "nothing" to do, to remind you just how lazy you are and all those things you've been putting off because you "haven't got time" are in fact not done because you simply cannot be arsed.. at least that's what I'm finding. I know some people are the opposite and probably climbing the walls looking for things to do. Me, I pretty much need a house fire, deadly virus, or going riding to be able to peel myself from the sofa...

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
We had already planned a load of garden stuff once it had dried out so we have a decent list to get through. Timber Border edging, trees on order, painting greenhouse and shed and some furniture refurbing etc.
Fortunately, getting older slows you down so the days of 8 to 5 slaving outside day after day are long gone. Drift out by 10.00, a couple of tea breaks plus lunch then back in by 4.00 and then an evening doze on the sofa is the best we can manage.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Fortunately, getting older slows you down so the days of 8 to 5 slaving outside day after day are long gone. Drift out by 10.00, a couple of tea breaks plus lunch then back in by 4.00 and then an evening doze on the sofa is the best we can manage.
:oops: - So I'm 39 and I've been on that schedule since the day i turned 30!! Is it going to get worse?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I put my wifes in the garage (or at least the hole in the ground that should be a garage) today. As to build a bridge over the shuttering using scaffold boards and pallets. It was a bit sketchy, but I can change the wing and have a go and fixing the central locking.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Missed the start of this one... recovering from sinusitis and on some gnarly antibiotics... got a gym room at home and a whiteboard to clear...

Starting with the mrs quad....

Got these back freshly serviced, next day service...

Static balancing.... maybe some hopping...

Got plenty of drink too... no excuses....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
dusted off my old tzr125 red rocket.

1 of only 500 built. only 6000 kilometres from new.

rebuilt the carb this morning and it started 2nd prod of the button :)

going to have to slow down progress otherwise I'll have nowt to do soon !
If you consider to sell it PM me please.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm not sure I could sell it steve. it's now found its home in the conservatory and it would just look to bare without it! unless you really really want it and fancy parting with a obscene amount of cash 🤣

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,833 Posts
I'm not sure I could sell it steve. it's now found its home in the conservatory and it would just look to bare without it! unless you really really want it and fancy parting with a obscene amount of cash 🤣

I reckon you might be better off mounting that mortar launcher on the back of a hilux rather than on the bike ;-)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good feedback caravan monster. The epure runs full size tyres and had double battery life of the previous model. It’s bang on par with a 300 trials bike. Battery can be swapped to. Just three bolts to change the pack over.

Looks like I’m now confined to the house. Tried to do so external work on site today but no joy. Gates locked and signs saying go home.

I’ve done my Beta Evo crank bearings now so looks like it’s now gardening and painting.

Woo hoo!!!!
Evo expert ! I'll remember that !
Great bike when ever I get to ride it next :D

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Did 10 mins of balance and hopping practice in the garden then 10 mins with the engine on in a flat space that is about three bike lengths by one and a half. Was mega careful and had boots and helmet on but that was one of the best rides I've ever had. It literally left me happy and satisfied for the rest of the day.

Amazing what just hearing an engine and getting a leg over can do.

Have cut down watching the news to just a quick catch up in the day as the contrast of my cushty life and the sunshine, against hearing that two 30 something nurse mums have died leaves me pretty depressed. So grateful for the underpaid, overworked, and essential NHS frontline staff.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yes, here here for NHS staff. They all deserve more and now is their time to shine even brighter. Sadly I think we will lose more.

Been doing balancing as well. Very poor compared to real riding but you have to do something other than house jobs!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Spent our 10th wedding anniversary on lockdown so had two BBQs... been pretty drunk the last few days, only balancing has been standing on a block of smoker wood whilst gassed with a reciprocating saw late on last night... ran out of charcoal... burnt the rest of it today, used the hand saw this time.

Woke up to this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
I wonder if a manual machine would work for an enduro bike.

I think ill make one this week for my mtb so at least I can do something. My Exc doesn't even live at my house, so I cant even sit on it and make brum brum noises.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
All 4 bikes cleaned, lawn mowed, garage tidied, washing all our textile suits this weekend, plan to tidy the rusty bits / swap out shite fasteners on the CB500X (Fucking shite build quality) cleaned Mrs car.

Also need to dig veg patch, vacuum up leaves, clean decking, wash block paved drive and clean my own car, apply ACF-50 to all bikes and polish them to the nth degree, give the house a proper spring clean.

...basically all the jobs I say I am going to do every year then never get around to.

Also need to figure out how long my savings will last when my job ends at the end of the month as the government have fucked over the self employed yet again, I am just over threshold for any support on wages, and also just over the same for child support (just had a kid) so getting doubly fucked despite paying more tax than the average citizen now sat at home getting £2.5k per month to sit on their arse.

Oh, that's the other job, form a new party, the British Common Sense Party (BCSP) to tackle all that is wrong in this country with sensible policies, starting with shooting the dopey fuckers who will all be meeting up over the weekend and Easter, then moving on to banning volvo's, castrating anyone who is unable to care for their 1st child properly (or look after a pet properly) and taxing the fuck out of the big global companies and billionaires who dodged so much tax that even as one of the planets richest countries our care system is buggered due to no funds....

...The again if we all refused to do business with Amazon, McDonalds, Starbucks, Facebook etc until they paid their fare share then perhaps the world would improve.

Oh, HS2 needs to get scrapped, only still alive because half of the government has taken a backhander from the construction firms that will make billions out of it, especially as they come back every few months requesting more money and it goes ten times over budget...

..I would put the money into the NHS, Police and building more prisons (or just shooting bike thieves to save some space)

Sorted!

61 - 80 of 82 Posts