KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m looking to get a off road bike I currently have the 1290 super duke gt for the road,
I’m a big bloke 150kg 330lb my last bike was the 660 lc4 I could get that up the mountains and trails but it was heavy,
I can’t decide what bike to get that will be ok with my weight?
I been looking at the 450 530 and the 690 enduro, any suggestions? I do like a comfortable seat it possible.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I am no expert, but suspect whatever you get will need a respring / re-valve, I believe the KTM / Husky ranges are sprung for @70-75kg rider.

You could try an Ady Smith Enduro day where you can then ride any bike in the KTM range, the 500 is a nice bike to ride, I tried 300 2T / 250-350-500 4T, 300 was fun (but not ideal for trail / road work) the 250 / 350's were better for me (and I ended up with a Husky 350 which is great for me) but the 500 was a nice bike, could be as docile or viscous as you wanted.

The 500 will have 660 power, but way lighter, also be better for road miles than smaller bikes and they seem to go for a long time between rebuilds if not thrashed (raced) all the time, you see the Yanks using them as "Dual Sport" bikes and claiming 20k before an engine strip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Up and over mountains,
Green lanes
I do like a challenge!!
tight trails sometimes not every ride
I’m not into fast off-road riding like fire roads I like 1st 2nd and 3gear trails/ woods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I don’t like a 2 stroke engine,
450’s are hard to find there is a 530 on eBay would that be the same but with a bit more umf?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts