KTM Owners Forum banner

13381 - 13400 of 13411 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi all
I sat on a new 690 enduro today, and it was tip toes for me I’m 5”9’, s the best way to lower it just to buy a back shock about £80 to lower it 35mm or is there another way?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hi all
I sat on a new 690 enduro today, and it was tip toes for me I’m 5”9’, s the best way to lower it just to buy a back shock about £80 to lower it 35mm or is there another way?
Thanks
"Best way" is to have the suspension sorted to fit you. Expensive though I believe.
I just bought the 690 SMCR and KTM recommended and fitted this link for me before I picked it up.

·
Registered
492 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
So can it be used on a 2020 bike?

So can it be used on a 2020 bike?

I believe so. It fits the 2019, and as far as I'm aware, the suspension parts on both is the same. Ask the dealer for clarification. Word of warning though. When you lower the bike, you really need to cut about 60mm off the stand, or the bike sits too straight. I did mine, but I have a welder. Easy job.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I believe so. It fits the 2019, and as far as I'm aware, the suspension parts on both is the same. Ask the dealer for clarification. Word of warning though. When you lower the bike, you really need to cut about 60mm off the stand, or the bike sits too straight. I did mine, but I have a welder. Easy job.
Did you run the front forks through the yokes aswel?
How is the bike now?

·
Registered
356 Posts
pulled off the tank from the SMT for the first time since I have her. opened lid and took out the filter. is this the "common" problem with all LC8/RC8 about the engine breather?

and another thing: what's this thing in the front mask, fall-over sensor?

·
Registered
946 Posts
The sensor is the ambient air temperature sensor. I'm think it is just for the clocks as the one for the ECU is in the air box, which is the white prong thing in your top picture.

Looks like you've had some slight oil condensate making it's way up that breather. It's doesn't look excessive.

When I checked mine the first time the air box was dry but I think a lot depends on how it's used, sustained high revs creates more oil mist, even the brand of oil can effect it.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
One of those "yeah - it'll be alright moments....."

1. Not used the old supermoto for months....so, one dryish day last week i thought id give it a run to work to turn the engine over a bit....
2. First rookie mistake, bumped it down the road as the starter didnt fire....massive backfire and away i went (live on a hill)....
3. Half way to work it conks out - next rookie mistake "switch to reserve".....fuel tap already that way....
4. Lucky again down hil-ish - coast to the garage....
5. Finish work - battery still not cranking it over, kick it over 3rd time and away i go....so sure with a full tank of premium shit in there ill be good...
6. 3/4 of the way home on a 3 lane roundabout the lights change, click it into gear and it dies....kick start doesnt work either....
7. Push it 1/4 of a mile up a hill to get a good bump.....6 tries later, blowing out of my arse (Leather jacket, kevlar jeans and a bag full of shit on my back) - 2 laptops for work, sandwich box, chargers and other stuff - i get it started and get home....

Old battery fucked, holds charge-ish but no amps....fitted battery just now...fires up first push....(of the button)

Awesome.

·
Registered
920 Posts
One of those "yeah - it'll be alright moments....."

1. Not used the old supermoto for months....so, one dryish day last week i thought id give it a run to work to turn the engine over a bit....
2. First rookie mistake, bumped it down the road as the starter didnt fire....massive backfire and away i went (live on a hill)....
3. Half way to work it conks out - next rookie mistake "switch to reserve".....fuel tap already that way....
4. Lucky again down hil-ish - coast to the garage....
5. Finish work - battery still not cranking it over, kick it over 3rd time and away i go....so sure with a full tank of premium shit in there ill be good...
6. 3/4 of the way home on a 3 lane roundabout the lights change, click it into gear and it dies....kick start doesnt work either....
7. Push it 1/4 of a mile up a hill to get a good bump.....6 tries later, blowing out of my arse (Leather jacket, kevlar jeans and a bag full of shit on my back) - 2 laptops for work, sandwich box, chargers and other stuff - i get it started and get home....

Old battery fucked, holds charge-ish but no amps....fitted battery just now...fires up first push....(of the button)

Awesome.
So, you got a 640 have you? :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sold the 300 EXC. :(. Just not getting used. Had second thoughts at the last moment but probably best for now.

·
Registered
920 Posts

Chopped up the R&G tail tidy on the 690 fabricated it to take the OEM Brake light. The Brake light that comes with the Tidy is a 3 dollar piece of shit from China. Wasn't impressed.
Plus the R&G Tidy exposes the wiring to the back wheel, and all the shit that gets thrown up.
Last time I buy R&G I think. Shit arse design.

·
Registered
14,859 Posts
Nah - 525 - used to have a 660 (thats a whole other thread)....
There is nothing worse than trying to bump start a bike, and nothing funnier than watching someone else do it! Even funnier when it’s hot.
I once tried for 30 exhausting minutes on my WR250 after washing it. On flat ground completely fucked in the heat, heart rate through the roof. Then I spotted the fluro orange exhaust plug!
What a loser.
Started first kick.

13381 - 13400 of 13411 Posts