KTM Owners Forum banner

13521 - 13540 of 13580 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
What’s the twin cylinder barrel on the bench for?
its a head actually. if you look in the last picture on the shelf there's a barrel (and on the top a 640LC4 airfilter box).

my core hobby: the Ducati parallel twin.
got 2 originals (red 350GTL and 2tone green 350GTV), 1 bitsa racer (350SD frame with 350 crankcases with 500 crank/cylinders/desmo head) with 5 Int'l Ducati Clubrace completed events without any maintenance in-between, a 350GTV rolling chassis, 6 engines of which 3 prepped for racing, 1 for a German customer, remains as donor.
www.panigaletwins.nl is where its all at, and hasn't been updated for at better part of a year, but not without progress!
got another 2 contacts in UK about these machines...

Reactions: Miner

·
Registered
16 Posts
New to the forum, so getting up to speed...

I'm starting small. Today I proudly started my bike. Consistently. Four times! Mind you, it's a 660 that I own for less than a week, so I am feeling proud. :D

Need to be looking at new suspension springs for my bike though, as I may or may not be 30% heavier than the last owner. :eek:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'd resolved an error by installing a Healtech Exhaust Flap Eliminator a week or two back and that was all fine so I thought I might as well remove this unused piece of junk. Makes it faster eh? LOL

Reactions: Bollocks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fitted a QuadLock charging head, which charges modern phones capable of wireless charging. Required more fettling than I'd have liked...

My brother-in-law 3D-printed a bracket for me, which arrived on Saturday, so I was all set.
IMG_4220.JPEG IMG_4221.JPEG IMG_4241.JPEG

Putting everything together for fit, I realised the assembly did not leave enough room for the supplied USB-C connector, so I had to take a corner off the bracket (not my neatest work, but it won't be seen once fitted) and get a lead with a compact connector. Once the bracket was fitted to the bike, it was suitably sturdy, even with the corner missing.
IMG_4244.JPEG IMG_4245.JPEG

Finally, it was just a case of connecting the charging head using the provided screw. As can be seen, the connector leaves only just enough room to operate the Quad Lock mechanism.
IMG_4249.JPEG IMG_4254.JPEG

I'm happy with the final result (just need to tidy-up the cable routing), and I can mount the phone in landscape or portrait without obscuring the clocks, as there's no cable sticking out the bottom.
IMG_2953.JPEG IMG_2954.JPEG

I've used the USB in the standard SAS phone case. I'll use a little Sugru to weather-seal the connector at the charging head. Other than that, I should never have to muck about with cables again!

Went out for a ride of about 40 minutes using my 2 1/2-year-old iPhone X to track my route, display it on Apple Maps and listen to music wirelessly. Battery went from 80% to 85% - I'm happy with that. :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I take it you've seen the reports about these and killing of iPhone cameras?Just posting in case you haven't

·
Registered
23 Posts
I take it you've seen the reports about these and killing of iPhone cameras?Just posting in case you haven't
Thanks - yes I have. Been using a Quadlock since I got the phone from new, and not had a problem. Have always had it mounted above the clocks - don't know if that has some bearing.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Broke the camera on my iPhone 11 Pro last night.

1290 sdr. Quad lock bar mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a theory. Those that are mounted directly to bars are taking more of a pounding than those mounted higher up, where the various brackets and mounts provide enough damping to overcome the problem.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Put a clean filter in it and loaded it on the trailer...

Got to be a better solution than this three piece hand ripping faff.

Put the red spring back in....

·
Administrator
8,601 Posts
Reactions: Bollocks

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Went out for a blast... was nice this morning after the ick burned off.

Some shift sorting all the gear out though...

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Decatted my GT and fitted a tail tidy. Had to fit the baffle. Fuck me it’s like a Vulcan. Looks the nuts now I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Out again this morning... 4-5 laps of the little MX loop the guys have set up, then sit down and regroup, rinse repeat. Got there first at 0540... another sign that 2020 if off the rails! Weather was lovely... legs a bit sore from yesterday though.

13521 - 13540 of 13580 Posts