KTM Owners Forum banner

13621 - 13640 of 13640 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Seat Concepts Low seat arrived.
Does it make a difference? yep, hugely. I do a 60 mile round trip commute, and on each leg my ass is killing me when I get there.
Delivered to work, put it on, went the long way home, 42 miles, and my ass was fine.
So yeah, Low seat better than KTM's garbage OEM seat. Recommend it, but very pricey to get it to the UK.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Been getting out on my 1190.. man that is a big bike to throw about when you've become so use to something much smaller. That power is nice but the wind protection is deceiving for speed though, will need to re-calibrate.

Did a loop on Sunday and ended up at Portland, here's a shot looking down over Chesil Beach with Weymouth to the right.
It wasn't actually that empty.. it took a fair amount of photoshop to remove everyone else and all the road signs... if only photoshop worked in real life.
Seemed to be lots of police around, and a nice man in an oncoming car warned me of a hidden speed trap.. so that's 3 points I didn't get.. ;)

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Out for some midweek motos... might as well do something else other than work half days on my days off. Temperatures really dropped quite a bit last couple of weeks, was a beautiful morning. Got to catch up with my mate and his mrs, can’t fly home to Germany on his rotations off, so he’s bought himself another dirt bike (2020 450SX-F), good lad. Paying the price for a long weekend on the sauce though, tired, arm pump... still forced out 55km.

·
Registered
15,583 Posts
I bought new jacket to wear on it.
Exactly what I needed, a casual waterproof jacket with a removable thermal liner. Great for everything but proper winter and super hot weather.
Hopefully it turns up soon. EBay is getting a pounding 😬

7EEA2A60-6860-4667-84B4-9ABADA430AE1.jpeg
B76CE2D4-F10D-4046-BC59-4D03F6EA0A06.jpeg

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I bet that 450 is a monster.
62bhp out the crate for the new low profile 2020> 450/4 motor... very compact, light and nimble. Just moving it about a little, it makes my 15 300/2 with the 11.5L tank feel bulky. Might be forced to have a go on it at the weekend.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
The torque in the sand would be amazing.

Ever tried these?
Ridden the 450 that’s the same generation as mine, they’re mid 50’s I think... they rip. As does the 525XC quad, that 510cc RFS motor is a beast, pulls like a tractor. It’s deffo the weapon of choice in the sand.

Not used the paddle tyres... the scoop type knobblies are popular here, they would at least last a couple of trips to the petrol station. The locals call the big scoop ones potato tyres because when the sand is wet, you fire potatoes at the people behind you.

13621 - 13640 of 13640 Posts