KTM Owners Forum banner

13681 - 13700 of 13704 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Alpina wheels ......
Thought that’s what you meant but wasn’t sure. Been looking at a nice set of black talons with blue hubs. Alpina would be wicked too.. think I’ll build it first before deciding on what to go with😇 but will definitely need a nice set of wheels

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
SORN'd the 1190 as it looks like the weather is turning shit now, and the longer range forecasts all look like cool days & rain. So that's both roadies out for winter now.

Finally fitted the Ergo seat to my 1190 but the jury is still out. I think I like sitting up higher on the bike but I don't think the seat is a mega improvement over the standard one, both seem comfortable to me. I guess next year I'll do more rides and switch the seats a few times.

So... I'll be crawling into my cardboard box under the stairs now, hopefully wake up again when the nice weather returns..

Night everyone.:sleep:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Mrs is coming out to play tomorrow, do dusted the quad down. Started first time which was a surprise... did drain the float bowl first, thought I’d turned the fuel off... glad I did it outside...

Fixed the grabby front brake on the 300, must’ve got air in it from being upside down at some point. Clutch was slipping before, didn’t reverse bleed last time so still had some old fluid in, was boiling up. Fashioned a reverse bleeder and flushed it, fluid was rotten. Pulled the clutch pack to check it was ok, nothing to get excited about. Cleaned the crud off the metal to metal plates and fired it back in. First I’ve done one of the diaphragm clutches, was a doddle.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Out marking the 6.5km loop today... well and truly marked and pounded in, 57km, sticky one too... all the stop-starting killed the battery in the mrs quad. Luckily at the start near the cars, carried her back on my bike and went back with my mate in the truck. Oops.

·
Registered
540 Posts
wish we had that temp all year round! 2 or 3 days a week some rain to keep the green green, but other than that bring it on!

back in the early '90ies when I was still living there it was lovely all year round, albeit 50+ in the summer. miss those days a lot...

Reactions: Miner

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
That’s the weather on the way down quite a bit as well... but 51% humidity around midday is no bueno... was sweating more than I realised when we were going round fixing the poles and filling in the back section in. Tanked 1.5L when I got back and a hydration tablet. Also tanked a chicken biriyani and a couple of beers.

Last couple of weekends it’s been much nicer... but you get the odd hot sticky spike here, that’s why I run a Lectron. Winter is well on its way though... all day riding and lunch under the gazebo is coming.

Battery on the quad is toast I think... Optimate flashing no bueno... think it’s 3-4yrs old now anyway. Even inside on the Optimate the longevity isn’t like back home.

Made some tweaks to the suspension as well... bike behaving itself a bit better now. At least I know now I just need to go a click in on the front and rear LS/HS compression for the short MX loop. Nice firm but plush setting now for the faster open going and nadgery single line parts through the rocks and camel grass.

·
Registered
540 Posts
what about Lebanese Flower or Marroush? they had the best Mixed grill, shawarma and tabouleh in AUH, even shisha when you sat outside!
or not so much in DXB?

Reactions: dave P and Miner

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
what about Lebanese Flower...?
Interesting story about that one... restaurant is still on the go, one of the longest running I believe, with a few branches. Was chatting to the barber one day and this came, he told me that the CID turned up and accosted him in the back shop... had traced money he was sending back home to his brother being moved out to groups affiliated with Hezbollah... made him sign the business to the local partner, took him home to pack some suitcases and took him to the holding cells at the airport... deported the day after and blacklisted in immigration. Best part of 40yrs work and life ended in 48hrs for aiding terrorisim. One of the good things about here... No messing about. No trouble.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Interesting story about that one... restaurant is still on the go, one of the longest running I believe, with a few branches. Was chatting to the barber one day and this came, he told me that the CID turned up and accosted him in the back shop... had traced money he was sending back home to his brother being moved out to groups affiliated with Hezbollah... made him sign the business to the local partner, took him home to pack some suitcases and took him to the holding cells at the airport... deported the day after and blacklisted in immigration. Best part of 40yrs work and life ended in 48hrs for aiding terrorisim. One of the good things about here... No messing about. No trouble.
Or a back hand bribe by the business partner lol.
I like the lack of human rights lawyers, ECHR or ECJ in the story, but I think I still prefer some due process.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
The partners get paid for doing nothing... not in their interests to be honest unless it’s going to go tits up or some local commerce/legal issues.

Think the discussion was about the time of the GCC banks getting temporarily black listed by the EU for not signing up to the money tracking regs... which is the real reason behind Brexit... but let’s not open that one up on this thread.

·
Registered
540 Posts
oi, Miner, now ur in Malaysia?

13681 - 13700 of 13704 Posts