KTM Owners Forum banner
13761 - 13780 of 13835 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Forgot my camelbak today which turned out to be a blessing in disguise… after four long loops to warm up I did about 40km on our desert MX loop. Enjoyed that, not been on the short loop in a while as it’s been too hot, weather breaking a bit now. Even got to try a 450SX, was so easy it was like cheating… dare I say it, I quite liked it, even for a four stroke.

What's the temperature miner?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
What's the temperature miner?
Probably about the same as yesterday was… weather wasn’t too bad yesterday, good still blustery breeze, offset the heat and humidity. Weather definitely turning but the sun is really strong from 10-3 still.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
That's nuts... when it gets into the high 20's and 30's here I barely come out in it, let alone ride in it.
At 40 deg I think I'd need life support.... or speedos and a pool, with a bar.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Deffo scooped a few beers after riding in that…

After riding through where it starts at 36’C and soars past 40’C, starting at 33’C and it levelling out to 37’C for longer (didn’t hit over 40’C until after lunch yesterday) it surprisingly feels quite pleasant… all relative I guess.

You do get acclimatised to it, I’m from Ayrshire, it’s predominantly cold and wet there! High 20’s/low 30’s back in the UK feels like a different heat though, it’s stifling. Sun is strong then and you feel it, everything is built up even as countryside so more heat trapped, less breeze some days. Definitely would struggle with that myself… did one of the **** Extance days in the Welsh summer, despite a few weeks working inside the power plant before hand, I felt it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Took mine for its MOT... passed it ok but the rear brake light switch is duff, the wires are bare at the switch end. This is the second one I have had fail, the first was on a Husky 450 (same switch), is it a common theme on all things Austrian 🤔

·
Registered
611 Posts
put the SMT incl ABBA skylift for sale...

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Why are they even there, race track for jet sprint boats?
Man made lake for wetting the gatch trails into the area we rode through, was part farm, part pipeline corridor. They wet them when compacting and rolling the gravel roads. The water table is very shallow here, it’s only 2-3m below the surface in a lot of places. It’s a wee bit salty too.

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,155 Posts
Dropped the Superduke into Moto Corsa for 18K service, airbox upgrade and remap. Just need to get my broadband up and running at the new house on Wednesday and then a sexy billet ally Stage 3 DNA airbox and set of intakes will be winging their way over from Greece ready for some serious uncorking. Lubbly-jubbly.
Good job I don't sell my house every day, I'd soon be a bigger cunt than Wazza.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Big girl came back out yesterday.
Went for a ride out over Dartmoor for a change as I was dropping in on a mate that lives down that way.
Haven't ridden Dartmoor much in the last couple of years as Exmoor appears to have become my play ground, and Dartmoor has loads of 40 mph speed limits but around the edges it's still fun.
But Dartmoor does have some stunning scenery which is worth the 40 mph zones to see.

Didn't stop to take too many pics but have a couple I can chuck up.
There's some rocks on top of that hill, which look nice.

Then I happened across this place, not sure why that guy is taking a piss in the river.

And this is where I landed after the bridge. ;)

A really nice days ride plus it was so good to be back out on my 1190.. it's just so effortlessly fast whilst also protecting you from it.

13761 - 13780 of 13835 Posts