KTM Owners Forum banner
13781 - 13800 of 13835 Posts

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,155 Posts
That'll be the packhorse bridge at Postbridge. You must have gone past the Warren House Inn. A bit grockley these days but a pub with one of the most stunning views you'll find anywhere. And a fire, so they say, that never goes out.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Yup, the pub was packed with ramblers and custom cruiser type bikes.
The traffic was generally light all day, and also being solo meant getting past any traffic encountered wasn't much of an issue.
From there I went along into Teignmouth and followed the coast road back up to civilisation, just as the coastal evening mist was starting to come in.

When I got home I sat in the garden to enjoy the last of the evening sun, I cracked a beer and then received a telling off from my cat for leaving her alone all day.
She nags a bit but she's a good cat.

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,155 Posts
Cleared out of my old house yesterday and handed the keys over. Staying at my brother's place for the weekend till I move to the new house. Took my 1190 up there yesterday. He lives up in the Cotswolds near Chipping Norton. Rode up the A338 through Hungerford and Wantage and then a winding route through the Cotswolds avoiding main roads. Wasn't a bad ride at all.

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,155 Posts
Yup, the pub was packed with ramblers and custom cruiser type bikes.
The traffic was generally light all day, and also being solo meant getting past any traffic encountered wasn't much of an issue.
From there I went along into Teignmouth and followed the coast road back up to civilisation, just as the coastal evening mist was starting to come in.

When I got home I sat in the garden to enjoy the last of the evening sun, I cracked a beer and then received a telling off from my cat for leaving her alone all day.
She nags a bit but she's a good cat.
All pussies nag.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Rode around in circles on about 10% of our enduro track because it's still fucked after the 24hr race that happened a month ago.

Kind of annoying. And gumbling amongst the membership that the dictatorship that runs the track seem to organise everything around that 24hr race and fuck the members. In a country that's covered in ice for half of the year, they shut the track down for a few weeks in July before the race, and then it's entirely fucked and most of it shut down for weeks afterwards. So we effectively lose 2 months out of the 6 when the thing is useable without spikes. The race is a huge event with massive income from fees and sponsors, but there's clearly fuck all going into the club/track. The natives are getting restless because we're pretty certain massa's getting a bung.

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,155 Posts
Once you have done all that, are you going to sell it and get a Ducati? ..........
Already got a Ducati. Fucking thing. Might get it back on the road though. Like most Ducatis it's been under a sheet at the back of a workshop for four years needing attention.

I may sell the Superduke. See how much I love it when it's all done. I'd been getting a bit of been-there-done-that feeling about it when I last rode it but that might change when it's been fettled.
Might sell the Superduke and the Ducati. Wazza's had his 1190 a fortnight now. He must be itching for a change.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Cleared out of my old house yesterday and handed the keys over. Staying at my brother's place for the weekend till I move to the new house. Took my 1190 up there yesterday. He lives up in the Cotswolds near Chipping Norton. Rode up the A338 through Hungerford and Wantage and then a winding route through the Cotswolds avoiding main roads. Wasn't a bad ride at all.
Chippy, Burford, Stow, Chippy, Burford, Stow, don't take your licence because you will loose it.

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,155 Posts
Kept out of the towns. Went through Chalbury that was all. I know Blenheim is a cunt for cameras.

About 200 yards from my brother's place is David Cameron's house. He's another cunt. Saw him Saturday off to ride his horse round brother's farm wandering where he likes off the bridleways and trampling the margins cheeky fucker.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Kept out of the towns. Went through Chalbury that was all. I know Blenheim is a cunt for cameras.

About 200 yards from my brother's place is David Cameron's house. He's another cunt. Saw him Saturday off to ride his horse round brother's farm wandering where he likes off the bridleways and trampling the margins cheeky fucker.
I trust you called in at Diddly Squat farm shop for some cow juice and rotting spuds. The B4437 from Charlbury past Cornbury is a worth a bimble. Pretty sure that's one I've done 2 or 3 times before.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I trust you called in at Diddly Squat farm shop for some cow juice and rotting spuds. The B4437 from Charlbury past Cornbury is a worth a bimble. Pretty sure that's one I've done 2 or 3 times before.
these are all my stomping grounds...charlbury to burford road thats one of my favorite roads round here! can be a fucker mind very blind sumits n laguna seca type ups n downs...well that could be exaggeration :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,155 Posts
Think I drove that yesterday morning in the van as I set out up north. Remember thinking it would be a cracker on the bike.
I'm up in Durham now on the edge of the Pennines. There's some epic moorland roads right on the doorstep. Out the gate and turn left and within half a mile it's heather, sheep shit and hairpins. Got to get the bike up here pronto.
If anyone's coming up anywhere near Edmundbyers drop in for a brew. Not this week though. Still moving in. Place is a bomb site.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
[mention]Steve Scurr [/mention]I think you want to be having a word with your mate…

[mention]Luwi [/mention] police are rabid around there, luckily I was able to survive three campaigns at Wylfa without getting any points.

·
Registered
93 Posts
[mention]Luwi [/mention] police are rabid around there, luckily I was able to survive three campaigns at Wylfa without getting any points.
Lived on the Island all my life, first time i've been caught on a bike 🤕 It's usually my bloody van I get caught in.

I've been working on Wylfa for the last 20 years, so had a good stint contracting there. Been there on and off since 1995. Used to be great doing the shutdowns there.

13781 - 13800 of 13835 Posts