KTM Owners Forum banner
14001 - 14020 of 14068 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I spent most of the morning getting my petrol cap off then fettling it so it would work properly in the future. I know a lot of people had trouble with the SMT cap when they were new but I assumed that after 10 years it wasn't going to be a problem. Oh! how wrong I was.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Fitted DNA stage 3 airbox and a pre-programmed PCV from P3 Tuning today. (P3 are no longer dealing with Rottweiler, they are now importers for DNA, which is great news because they are fantastic bits of kit). Simple to fit, came with O2 sensor dongles and everything you need. Took an afternoon to fit but straightforward.
They've worked out a map for SDRs fitted with Akra full systems and loaded it onto the PC. There's no downloading of maps to do, it's plug and play. Works perfectly. Runs beautifully and goes like holy fuck. Not worth spending any more on ignition modules or custom mapping. It's stupid quick as it is.
Sounds nice, but not offensively harsh. I will be putting one on my 1190 on the strength of it. Not least because there was dust in the stock airbox when I took it off..
If you have a gen 1 (or a gen 2) SDR, get rid of that shitty arirbox and get one of these that works.

Bag Grass Wood Gas Luggage and bags

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
How much did all that set up cost? Looks ace. Have a Gen 2 SDR with full Akrapovic system - would certainly be looking to do this.
£1040 posted. You can buy a service kit for £20 (oil and cleaner) but it comes ready to use and the cleaning stuff is exactly the same as you'd use for K&Ns so you can get it at bike shops or moto factors.
If your gen 2 has a charcoal canister you need to get rid of that as well or you'll struggle to fit the PCV under the seat. Don't think it affects the ECU to just get rid of it.
Tip, it comes with a stainless plate which is cable tied behind the headstock and is supposed to hold the air intakes where they would have fitted into the stock airbox. Don't bother trying to use it or refit the intakes. It's a needless fiddle, they don't fit very well and they makes absolutely no difference to how the airbox breathes. Probably impedes airflow if anything. And you can't see that anything's missing without them.

Chap from P3 said I had bought the last one he had in stock and it will take a couple of weeks for his next order to come through. So if you want one I'd order as soon as poss. Fella's good as gold to deal with.

·
Registered
87 Posts
£1040 posted. You can buy a service kit for £20 (oil and cleaner) but it comes ready to use and the cleaning stuff is exactly the same as you'd use for K&Ns so you can get it at bike shops or moto factors.
If your gen 2 has a charcoal canister you need to get rid of that as well or you'll struggle to fit the PCV under the seat. Don't think it affects the ECU to just get rid of it.
Tip, it comes with a stainless plate which is cable tied behind the headstock and is supposed to hold the air intakes where they would have fitted into the stock airbox. Don't bother trying to use it or refit the intakes. It's a needless fiddle, they don't fit very well and they makes absolutely no difference to how the airbox breathes. Probably impedes airflow if anything. And you can't see that anything's missing without them.

Chap from P3 said I had bought the last one he had in stock and it will take a couple of weeks for his next order to come through. So if you want one I'd order as soon as poss. Fella's good as gold to deal with.
Thanks that really helpful, could be the next step for my bike.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Long weekend ahead so got my finger out and got the bike back together, been flat out on site last few weeks so it’s been on the back burner. Freshly serviced suspension in, new DRL headlight in, gave her a good clean and lubed up the chain, pivot points, etc. Did the head bearings when I was waiting on the suspension. Ready to rock.

Got new chain and sprockets to fit, along with new insert for the TMD guide. Will do them after the long weekend along with the swingarm bearings.

·
Registered
12,011 Posts
Fitted DNA stage 3 airbox and a pre-programmed PCV from P3 Tuning today. (P3 are no longer dealing with Rottweiler, they are now importers for DNA, which is great news because they are fantastic bits of kit). Simple to fit, came with O2 sensor dongles and everything you need. Took an afternoon to fit but straightforward.
They've worked out a map for SDRs fitted with Akra full systems and loaded it onto the PC. There's no downloading of maps to do, it's plug and play. Works perfectly. Runs beautifully and goes like holy fuck. Not worth spending any more on ignition modules or custom mapping. It's stupid quick as it is.
Sounds nice, but not offensively harsh. I will be putting one on my 1190 on the strength of it. Not least because there was dust in the stock airbox when I took it off..
If you have a gen 1 (or a gen 2) SDR, get rid of that shitty arirbox and get one of these that works.

View attachment 46774

View attachment 46775
Stunning bit of kit by the looks of it. More oomph?

Do those frame rubbers that tank rest on need spinning back round?

·
Registered
12,011 Posts
300 + mile loop into Wales. Meet 7:30. Dom's Bike Stop (crackin scran), Black Mt Pass, cup of tea and a slice of Bakewell flapjack at Mynydd Ddu Tea Rooms (crackin scran), 3rd tank of fuel somewhere on the 438. Home for tea, bike washed and chain lubed. Never took a layer off all day and had heated grips on full for most of it as I wore the wrong gloves expecting it to warm up.

Miss it, miss out!

Can anyone recommend some waterproof but racey gloves?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Stunning bit of kit by the looks of it. More oomph?

Do those frame rubbers that tank rest on need spinning back round?
Significantly more oomph. Livelier everywhere. Throttle connection feels better too. More immediate. Not having to dig as deep to make things happen. Fatter in the mid-range than it was before, so much nicer to ride and easier to loft the wheel over the bumps. Goes headless above 7K. I think the power curve still slows a little at around 5K but it doesn't dip like it did before and feels much gutsier. I can launch out of bends now between 5-6K with the front wheel skipping, so not much wrong with it. Some ignition work would probably plump that out as well but it's minimal and doesn't warrant spending another £400 on a custom map or a PC ignition module.
New set of Conti SA 4s going on later this week then I'l put it through its paces up and down Hartside Pass (40 mins from my front door). Ragged the 1190's tyres silly over Easter until the fork seals went.

What's wrong with the tank rubbers? Flat spots? Can't say I looked really. There are quite a few scuffs on the underside of the tank and the paint has bubbled in a couple of places. It's not leaking, the paint's just parted company with the plastic. But it isn't visible so I'm not going to cry about it. Plastic tanks are the Devil's work. All tanks should be aluminium.

14001 - 14020 of 14068 Posts