KTM Owners Forum banner
14101 - 14120 of 14127 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Just got back from a weekend in Wales..
Rode up/over on Friday in a heat wave.. got up Saturday to damp and cool, which warmed a little during the day and dried off but later it pissed it down so was a wet ride back to the B&B.
Today was ok but tired now after riding home.

I took this at one of the mach loop view points, that's most of our group.

Wheel Cloud Tire Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Wales finished off my tyres so after giving the bike a bloody good wash it was wheels off time.. and I was surprised to find the abba stand was actually just tall enough to work, if you remove the rear wheel first.

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Got 4,500 miles out of that rear so I'm pretty happy with that.. The Conti Trail Attack 3 was a good tyre.
Fingers crossed the RA2 rear and RA3 front I'm about to get fitted are as good (or maybe even better).

I'll be putting the 1190 away after I've tested the new tyres to focus on using the 990 more.
Come September it'll be out again as hopefully I'll be getting me & it ready for Spain. :D:p:)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
2016 SDR se... looks good sounds even better ...will require ear plugs from now on mind....
I put a stage 3 DNA box on my 2016 SDR (Akra full system already fitted). Sounds angrier but not excessively loud, just bloody nice. My SMT was a lot harsher when I stuck a DNA on that. Gave me a headache.

Where'd you get your MotoH intakes? Still running stocks on mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought the motohooligan about a year ago and came across the RS22 6 months ago from flea bay ..not a mark on it.... I thought I'm having that it has some bark... too loud without the ear plugs though 😕 but it does look good... Goes some too mid range deffo improved n that's what I wanted.. l think ill go for custom tune too just add a switch I, believe you can add 2 x maps to the power commander so can switch between the two would like to see what the dyno says.... just a pity dont have read out before fitting all this kit

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
I’ve been saving mine up… went up to Al Ain to the big dunes on Sunday to say cheerio (again) to my riding buddy who’s back from China to wrap everything up and move the family out of the UAE. Was hot as [email protected] and sticky as too… cooking every time we stopped, was about 40’C by 0900hrs. Melting! 🫠 Awesome dunes though, was fun.

Got these to try for the 300EXC since it’s going to be mostly motocross track and fast desert loops until winter.

Switching to 110 rear for the first time too, works great on the 450’s in the dunes. See how they go… got same Mitas Terraforce MX SM on the mrs 150SX, rides well. Will keep the 90/100 & 140/80 Mitas yellow stripes for the winter. Not fully dead, rear past it’s prime but will do for wadi runs.

Ordered a mid body and carb repair kit for the 39FCR-MX on the mrs 525XC, bloody thing won’t start after a long lay up again. Going to strip it and do the mid body at the same time plus rebuild it again (been 3-4yrs since last full rebuild).

Potentially serving a medical suspension as I’m on antibiotics for sinusitis… weather warnings for high temperatures and approaching 100% humidity with sand storms this weekend. Sounds like a weekend in the garage to me so updated the whiteboard…

Just dawned on me that I forgot to add checking the valves to the 525 RFS… will do my 300 and take it from there.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wales finished off my tyres so after giving the bike a bloody good wash it was wheels off time.. and I was surprised to find the abba stand was actually just tall enough to work, if you remove the rear wheel first.

View attachment 47945

View attachment 47946

Got 4,500 miles out of that rear so I'm pretty happy with that.. The Conti Trail Attack 3 was a good tyre.
Fingers crossed the RA2 rear and RA3 front I'm about to get fitted are as good (or maybe even better).

I'll be putting the 1190 away after I've tested the new tyres to focus on using the 990 more.
Come September it'll be out again as hopefully I'll be getting me & it ready for Spain. :D:p:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I’ve been saving mine up… went up to Al Ain to the big dunes on Sunday to say cheerio (again) to my riding buddy who’s back from China to wrap everything up and move the family out of the UAE. Was hot as [email protected] and sticky as too… cooking every time we stopped, was about 40’C by 0900hrs. Melting! 🫠 Awesome dunes though, was fun.

Got these to try for the 300EXC since it’s going to be mostly motocross track and fast desert loops until winter.

Switching to 110 rear for the first time too, works great on the 450’s in the dunes. See how they go… got same Mitas Terraforce MX SM on the mrs 150SX, rides well. Will keep the 90/100 & 140/80 Mitas yellow stripes for the winter. Not fully dead, rear past it’s prime but will do for wadi runs.

Ordered a mid body and carb repair kit for the 39FCR-MX on the mrs 525XC, bloody thing won’t start after a long lay up again. Going to strip it and do the mid body at the same time plus rebuild it again (been 3-4yrs since last full rebuild).

Potentially serving a medical suspension as I’m on antibiotics for sinusitis… weather warnings for high temperatures and approaching 100% humidity with sand storms this weekend. Sounds like a weekend in the garage to me so updated the whiteboard…

Just dawned on me that I forgot to add checking the valves to the 525 RFS… will do my 300 and take it from there.
what’s wrong with the bedroom lights?

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Been in a box since we moved into this place some time ago… only really notice it when it’s dark and you’re (the Mrs mostly…) getting ready to go out. Rest of the time the built in lights are plenty for getting ready for bed. Inshallah I’ll put them up this weekend…

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Bedroom lights survived another weekend in their boxes… put the time towards a much more useful pursuit. Changed the tyres on the 300, back to 80/100 front and got a 110/100 to try for the rear, Mitas Terraforce MX SM for the summer fast runs and trips to ADMX. Black rims are smart till you’re changing tyres.

New sprockets, chain guide, chain block insert. Pulled the swingarm and cleaned everything up and greased the bearings. Will stick the new chain on and fresh air filter in during the week.

14101 - 14120 of 14127 Posts