KTM Owners Forum banner
14141 - 14160 of 14174 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
On my last ride the front brake felt a little squishy (on my SD990) so I flushed all the calipers.. and surprisingly it went well and was done quickly.
I didn't break anything or accidentally pump air into the lines.

The front now feels progressive then solid again, and a bonus is some air actually came out of the rear, which now it feels more solid than before.

I started using a one way valve type bleeder but in the end just went with the tried and tested method 'Pull the lever in, Undo the nipple to drain, Tighten the nipple to seal, Release the lever' as that method was faster.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Another 60-odd km, weather initially ok but hot as hell by the time we finished… got to get a swatch at a rally bike, cool pieces of kit. Couple of my riding buddies going to go for Dakar 2023 so out for a shakedown and setup. Was planning to ride at ADMX today but a couple of beers turned into one too many. BSB day instead.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Weather was a bit cooler after the recent storms and the sand dry but fresh powder, managed to get a good 80km in despite sleeping in as it wasn’t a bad day (cooler but windy, sand going sideways, had to switch tint because of the airborne sand glare… every sandstorm and all that..).

Service time for the Mrs 150SX, oil and fresh filter plus chain and sprockets. Whilst we were at it decided to pull the swingarm off and grease the swingarm and linkage bearings.

Put the chain on inside though, was horrendously humid at sunset.

Still waiting on the carb parts for the 525XC but will probably strip it next… oil, filters, valve check and carb strip for the big RFS… toss up between silencer re-pack and new spanny o-rings on the 300 plus washing air filters next.

14141 - 14160 of 14174 Posts