KTM Owners Forum banner
14161 - 14174 of 14174 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
It’s nursing a cracked intake hose so it’s off the sand till I can get a new part from Roush. Patched up with glue, a chopped up old twin air filter, some grease and half a roll of gaffer tape in the meantime. Looking forward to trying it in the desert though, power of the thing is insane

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
A riding buddy was complaining that the rear light on my SD990 wasn't very bright.. which confused me as it was a bright sunny day..

Eventually I realized that he was probably meaning when we ride under a dense tree canopy.. or something like that.. so I decided I'd do something about that as I'd get to make something for my bike.

First found a location for an addition rear light and then 3D printed a holder for some high brightness LEDs.

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Trunk Automotive exterior

Next painted it and installed/wired in the LEDs.

Red Rectangle Magenta Gadget Electric blue

and finally installed and wired it in.

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Light Automotive parking light Yellow Amber

That should make it easier for any bike following me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yesterday, all in one breath. 1064km, returned after years to my native village, south Italy Very warm but with the right clothing it was not a problem. Motorcycle is promoted in all respects, comfort, general comfort consumption. Stock side bags, traveled alone, excellent consumption

Inviato dal mio NTH-NX9 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
Brought and fitted some crash protection. Everything lined up perfectly, Evotech, quality made parts.
Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood Chair
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: DAB and Miner

·
Registered
918 Posts
[mention]DaveNZ [/mention]what’s that edition Glenlivit like?
Pretty good, needs a good dose of water or a hand fill of ice, its 60% poof, so a bit hot straight, nice with a little water, smooths it out. Im a big fan of Glenlivet.

Reactions: Dusty bin and Miner

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Cool. My old man is a big glenlivit fan, it’s a nice malt. Prefer an Ardbeg myself but happy to try/drink anything. All whiskies are ok with enough ice, even the jakey blends.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Had a spare half an hour so stripped the front end on the mrs bike to clean everything up and grease the headstock. Was bugging me after seeing the swingarm spindle and bearings but looks like it has been done recently before we picked it up. Prevention cheaper than cure… at least know the bike is tiptop front to back now.

Will get that squared away before the weekend. Unboxed the bits I’ve been waiting several weeks on for the big orange tractor. Carb rebuild kit including the mid-body gasket. Will do that over the weekend, along with oil, filters and the valves on the 525 RFS. Snuck in a high flow water pump too…

14161 - 14174 of 14174 Posts