KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Chaps
Now I have another EXC, what do you all use to clean your bikes? I have used pro clean , but have seen an offer on Rhino Goo. Anybody used it ? Any good? What do you use? Only really asking form the UK as we cant get half the stuff that is available in the US.
Cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers , I didn't want to buy 10L then find its not too good.

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
I’m using Rhino Goo at the mo, it’s pretty good but IMO Pro Clean was better.

Whatever you do, don’t use Muck-Off, it takes the grey plating off the KTM bolts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just use my good old garden hose & car shampoo 10min job, I find if I spend hours washing the bike I am reluctant to use it.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Switched from ProClean to Rhino same reason had an offer. Rinses off cleaner. Stuff stuck less with PC after though. Don’t let it dry esp on rims.

Agitate with a brush if you have time.

It also clean boots amazingly well again ensure you rinse off fully. Have used on Sidis for a year with no ill effect.

Maxima SC1 on plastics works a treat for an easy wash and smells lovely :)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Sdoc 100 neat on the real shitty stuff.... Calipers, round the motor, swing arm linkage etc etc.... Then watered down for the rest of the bike.... Dirt from enduro bikes... Mud etc etc... Is way easier to shift than brake dust, road silt and salt...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Pro Green MX is the gentlist cleaner I’ve used. Doesn’t mark anything even if it dries. Their bike shine dries the non greasy. Good stuff. Not as aggressive as other cleaners but I don’t think that’s bad. It’s also completely salt free.

Reactions: AL

·
Registered
312 Posts
Used this for the last 20 years - dilute to make 40 litres. Absolutely amazing stuff and beats pro clean hands down.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I also use Pro Green MX, I find that I can dilute it 5:1 with water (more water than Pro Green). It is really good, about 10 times better than washing up liquid which is what I used to use.

Reactions: AL

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Used this for the last 20 years - dilute to make 40 litres. Absolutely amazing stuff and beats pro clean hands down.

Another vote for that nattily named stuff.
Even with dried on crud, a hose rinse, a decent spray of the cleaner and a hose off and the bike comes up a treat.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Muck off. Not had a problem with it degrading anything (but l dont let it dry on anything and coat the most of the bike in GT85 / Wurth after the wash.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jizer on the chain and around that general area (it's safe on the stock D.I.D 520 VT2 chain and doesn't affect the X-rings), rinse then car shampoo, hose off and finish off with GT85. Nice to have a clean chain without pressure washing.
Also I like to have a clean oiled air filter handy as droplets of water get into the airbox and can creep into the crankcase and ruin 2-stroke main/big end bearings; dry the airbox thoroughly, swap it over and go for a short ride after washing for peace of mind.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
And after washing, always forget to remove the silencer plug before you run the engine and then see how far it flies. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Chaps
Now I have another EXC, what do you all use to clean your bikes? I have used pro clean , but have seen an offer on Rhino Goo. Anybody used it ? Any good? What do you use? Only really asking form the UK as we cant get half the stuff that is available in the US.
Cheers
Hey AL rhino goo for me. My mate owns the company. I use it on van and car alloys. But I do wash them every sunday night so not a massive buildup of brake dust. Engine bay.Mountain bike. Tis good stuff. 👍

1 - 20 of 29 Posts