KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a chain and sprocket for my RC8 , what do you guys use ? I 've heard a lot about dropping one on the front , has anyone given this a go ?

Also looking at getting some new rubber, i'm not going to get the whole summer to spin about so thinking about a set of supercorsa's to make the most of it . Anything you guys would recommend ?

tia

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi.
Reason some go for a 16T front sprocket, is to try and smooth out the jerking at low revs due to the poor fueling.
Down side is, it's supposed to wear out the plastic chain guide, on the swing arm, quicker - and it's a right bastard to change.
Depends on the year of your bike - mine is an early one and is like holding onto a Kangaroo, later ones were better sorted.
Best to get bike remapped (properly on a dyno', or failing that, download the relevant map using TuneECU).
If that doesn't do it for you, there is a different throttle tube (fitted to later bikes, tell-tale is that it has an Orange inner).
If you still feel the need to change the gearing, I would increase the number of teeth on the rear sprocket (don't ask me how much - I don't know) Supersprox Stealth look the 'dogs' - Orange alloy centre / steel teeth.
Pirelli Supercorsas are good (however I have found there are some made in China and they are rock hard in comparison to the ones made in Germany). I am currently trying a Continental Conti Attack on the rear, and for my one and only ride on it, seems a bit slidey (is that a proper word ??).
Tell us a bit about your bike and maybe a pic' or 2. Someone who knows their shit will be along soon.
Regards,
John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information there on the 16t sprocket , I have a 11 reg on mines but it's and early silver swinning arm model . Pic attached .

It unfortunately doesn't look like this on the left anymore may have been side swiped about 3 months ago so hopefully when the leg is better I can make the most of the summer with some new rubber and a chain and sprocket .

Tbh i never got past 260 on the thing but I felt the gearing to be a bit long on it, and the tyres were bit old and the compound had gotten hard .

I have mainly used the corsa rosso 2's and like the brand , but if you guys know of anything better i'm more than happy giving them a shot .

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts