KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new exhaust as mines rusted out. Can I fit a later single pipe exhaust, don't like the look of the twin pipe. I've heard a roumor that all the late (EXC & SX) exhausts fit with a new manifold and a bracket for the frame?

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
The 03 450SX is the only single pipe header that does not need a manifold.

All the later single pipe headers need the 04 onwards manifold.... and a bracket.... and a different end can of course ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thinking of doing the same as I can pickup a full system for £65 but is it just aesthetic?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have just bought a full FMF system for mine its for the 2003 and has the single headder pipe with the powerbomb, im hoping it all works out or its an expensive lesson i have just done the 05 rear conversion, that was well worth the money, it totaly changes the look of the bike, I will add some new photos when i get off this damn boat

·
Registered
232 Posts
Look forward to seeing them mate.

I'm not too fussed about the back end for now but I WILL be fitting an 08 front early next year. It's the part that bothers me the most!

I shouldn't be too bothered about what the bike looks like as I'm only using it for green-laning (got an Aprilia Tuono Racing) but I just can't help tweaking it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts