·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that not a potential for lithium battery's?

Suprised its up to £3000 ........ its going to cost a fair bit to get it done.

·
Registered
726 Posts
£3K and going up for a significant write off?!!! WTF?
£2K max, no idea what else is wrong, and the salvage yard has effectively washed their hands clean from any comeback.

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
That’s no write off. It’s a 2t!
A bit of sorting. And it’ll be sweet.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Only reason it’s going for so much is for the V5. Some dodgy person could have a new stolen bike and make it legal-ish by using this bikes details.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Get my new Gasser for only 16.000.-

I'd buy that piece of shit for 700.- not more. 3 grand? Come on...

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It went for 4900 ..... mental. By the time you have paid out for parts its going to be 7k + !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The prices of everything seem to be mental at the moment. I’ve been trying to get an idea of the price of 450s and there’s hardly anything available, is that usual? Time of year? Virus effect? Lack of availability driving prices up?

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Or people just wanting to keep hold of what they have ..... either because of economic uncertainty or realisation that older bikes are generally better quality.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
As Zip says they only want the V5. It goes like this. Steal another bike and bolt all the bits onto the above frame. Or over stamp the existing frame and engine number of the stolen bike several times with different letters/numbers. Grind the numbers off and make it look as pretty as you can, powder coat frame......Put the registration of the V5 on to the bike that has no numbers present and that bike then has an identity. Yes it is stolen but if the police/insurance cannot identify it which they can’t as it displays no numbers they cannot do anything with it hence you keep it.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Probably what happened to my 300.
Yes unfortunately a possibility. The problem is because the cloned bike has no numbers the law can’t say 100% that it is stolen. Whilst you see frames and log books for sale that are genuine, they are perfect opportunity for the undesirables to legalise a stolen bike.

·
Premium Member
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, whoever has it now ....... will have a detonation problem that will hopefully see it nipping up and causing a serious accident. Cunts.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I get the V5 thing. What I don’t get is why pay all that to hide a robbed bike when for all the effort and the money paid could just buy a working bike 🤷🏼‍♂️.
mental!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts