KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is ENDURO?
The term Enduro can translate to an "endurance test" between the rider and the hard terrain he encounters. Enduro as a sport is very physically and mentally challenging and demanding, as the rider must endure all obstacles that come with this ruff terrain like: fallen logs, trees, branches, tree roots, high angle slopes, rocky slopes, crossing rivers, streams and riding up and down hill on dirt, sand, gravel, mud, and all of this for long distances, bad weather, you name it.
Me along with my enduro fanatics friends have started filming our hangouts (crash and fail), for people to better understand "how to?" or "what is?" or "what is expected?" from this exhilarating and awesome sport. On our Enduro Fanatics Youtube channel, have mounted a compilations of crashes, fails, competition tracks, competition prologues, skills etc. You can check out our CRASH AND FAIL videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev3DPip5zyQ&list=PLD2JhaJdMpfs3XEenTjXxlBfiHEb8Ova3

:scooter:

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
What is Enduro....

in the 'old days' it was about going out into the forests with your mates ....making a loop and seeing who was the quickest round it. find the gnarliest tracks and working out how to do them ...pushing you and machine to the limit....and when there was an event on, you'd enter and do a proper timecard enduro to prove you were better than everyone else....

these days its all about learning how to take an enduro bike over trials obstacles...

jobs gone tits up....

·
Registered
15,817 Posts
I miss my dirt bike, that video brings back memories . Never laughed so hard riding in the bush. Spraying mates in mud and cow shit, sore and tired. Staying at a pub after a big day. Fucking loved it. It's a pity you have to drive so farkin far now days so you don't get hassled! Finding someone to ride with isn't easy either for me now. To dangerous riding alone in the scrub. That's what I like about road bikes. It's a solo pursuit.
Might have to buy another 2nd hand cheapish dirtbike one day though
Ahhh the good old days.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
What is Enduro....

in the 'old days' it was about going out into the forests with your mates ....making a loop and seeing who was the quickest round it. find the gnarliest tracks and working out how to do them ...pushing you and machine to the limit....and when there was an event on, you'd enter and do a proper timecard enduro to prove you were better than everyone else....

these days its all about learning how to take an enduro bike over trials obstacles...

jobs gone tits up....
It's true but it's more the fault of the culture today. Fmx is another example in how more extreme that has gone over the years. Organisers raise the bar to make it more entertaining to watch and more challenging to compete in and riders lap it up to rise to the challenge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts