KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - wondered if anyone could comment on what this 1st service should cost - I know it's variable based on the shop and the Labor rate - but I guess I'm looking for a Ballpark number if anyone who owns this bike has recently experienced this service interval.

Thanks.

SMD

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Would it not be as easy just to ask the dealer you plan to use, this would take 2 minutes and get you an accurate price, as you mentioned they vary and folks here have had it done at different times at different dealers...

...I think @£200 sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Nothing if you get it thrown in when you buy the bike, otherwise £150 - £200 ish which is a joke for an oil change!

Just had my RSV4 RF 1st service and the receipt said £176, but as above I negotiated 1st service FOC when I bought it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would it not be as easy just to ask the dealer you plan to use, this would take 2 minutes and get you an accurate price, as you mentioned they vary and folks here have had it done at different times at different dealers...

...I think @£200 sounds about right.
Yes, it would be a quick conversation with the Dealership - the issue is: the dealership that is in my city (which has the only KTM certified Tech within 200 miles) is notorious for shi*y service, incompetence and arrogance (due to the fact that they own the market here). So, I'm trying to get some intel on what it *should cost and be able to argue the point with the dealership - as I fully expect them to try to gouge me when I take it to them.

Thanks - SMD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing if you get it thrown in when you buy the bike, otherwise £150 - £200 ish which is a joke for an oil change!

Just had my RSV4 RF 1st service and the receipt said £176, but as above I negotiated 1st service FOC when I bought it.
Thanks for the response - I bought the bike at a Dealership 400 miles from me - rode my 2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC to them and got a fantastic trade/deal. They offered a pretty nice service package that would have resulted in about a 50% savings over the life of the bike on the scheduled service intervals (up to the 37,500 mi. service) - but it would require the bike to be serviced THERE and only there. So, sadly I had to pass on that deal. Now I'm stuck with only 1 option here in my home city and the dealership is widely known to be very difficult to work with.

SMD

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Haggle the 1st service and then maybe see if you can work the future ones into a trip somewhere, the 18k one is not ideal as it is a whole day, but the 9k one you could drink the dealers coffee or blatt around on a couple of Demo's for a bit....

...That's what I would do, explain how far you are coming to use their services and ask if you can try a couple of other bikes, or ask if you can get a loaner for a bit longer and go and to a bit of tourism.

Dunno if your in "reasonable" distance of Premier, but they are about to open a cafe, have pretty much every KTM on demo and now do Triumphs, probably have regular buses coming past their door to either Oxford or Abingdon so you could come down the night before and then bugger off into town for a bit, come back for lunch, go for a demo ride etc.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Mine was done with the deal on the bike, although I guess they might of just as easily knocked another £150 off the price, either way rather get it sorted at sale time than have a bill a few weeks later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found another KTM dealer with KTM techs that is 1.5 hour ride from me - called them and they quoted 199USD + tax and that's with oil and filter included. So, I'm good with that. That's what I was hoping and expecting.

Thanks - SMD

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine was less than £200 (can't remember exactly). I had a firmware update done too.

Incidentally, just had my year 1 service done at 8k miles which was £329. They had the bike less than 3 hours with 2 working on it as I waited with a book. Nothing significant done to bike. Same KTM dealer. Soon as out of warranty I'm off to my trusted independent!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts