KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hive mind,

I am relatively new to FI bikes.
Heard good things about OBD2 readers/scanners and am wondering the following:
  • what OBD2 scanner to get (there are so many).
  • will the KTM connecting cable work on all FI KTM bikes?
  • anyone experience with the Lonelec products?
  • any life experience comments are appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Lonelec are very good. I have one of their cables for my 350. Very well made and fast delivery. After buying a generic OBD2 dongles that proved to be a dud, I bought one of the standard ones Lonelec sell and it's been spot on.

If you watch Tokyo Offroad's YouTube video on the subject, he uses a Lonelec cable. Just check their website as I think the connector on KTMs may have changed around 2020.

If you are running the diagnostics software on an Apple device, buy a wi-fi dongle. For Android use bluetooth. There are lots of different free apps out there. No need to pay for any to do basic diagnostics. ODB Fusion and Torque (Lite) are good ones to start with. Enjoy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that RudolfHucker,

Not using Apple so Bluetooth is recommended I guess.
Thanks for the app recommendations.
I'll dive into this now.

Lonelec are very good. I have one of their cables for my 350. Very well made and fast delivery. After buying a generic OBD2 dongles that proved to be a dud, I bought one of the standard ones Lonelec sell and it's been spot on.

If you watch Tokyo Offroad's YouTube video on the subject, he uses a Lonelec cable. Just check their website as I think the connector on KTMs may have changed around 2020.

If you are running the diagnostics software on an Apple device, buy a wi-fi dongle. For Android use bluetooth. There are lots of different free apps out there. No need to pay for any to do basic diagnostics. ODB Fusion and Torque (Lite) are good ones to start with. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Exactly as above. I bought the Lonelec cable and an ELR? scanner. Used it to clear a TPS fault light on my 250 TPI. Very easy to use. They can be used for more extensive diagnostics if you wish to read up/learn how to.

Reactions: KTMasean

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He Nokkaz,
Thanks for the reply.
What app do you use on your phone to operate the OBD2 signals?

Exactly as above. I bought the Lonelec cable and an ELR? scanner. Used it to clear a TPS fault light on my 250 TPI. Very easy to use. They can be used for more extensive diagnostics if you wish to read up/learn how to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts