KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
can some one give me a idea of what ktm (or another manufacturer) models set of off road wheels will fit my lc4 640 2003, basically my bike is supermoto converted, and was done by another owner, so there is no off road wheels, i would like to do a bit of green lane-ing over the winter, so im looking for a cheap set to swap in when the mood takes me, i have seen a number of exc wheels offered on ebay, will these fit my bike or not, with out modification to my bike.....

Advice as always greatly appreciated

pat.....

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
All EXC/SX/LC4 rears will fit (EXC/SX rearls need the spacer swapped on the disc side - can use the one from your existing wheel until you get another). Front fitment depends on the year of the donor bike and whether yours is actually an 03 and not an earlier one on an 03 plate. You need to check the spindle diameter (20 or 26mm) and whether you have a mechanical or electronic speedo. Your front brake set up might be a factor but should be ok if your bike originally had 21/18 wheels. I've got a pair of LC4 enduro wheels I'd sell, I'll pm you my number.

Forgot to add - you'll need to put spacers behind the discs of EXC/SX wheels. Again, you can use the ones on your existing wheels. (hubs are exactly the same but the yokes and swingarm are wider on LC4's - hence spacers)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All EXC/SX/LC4 rears will fit (EXC/SX rearls need the spacer swapped on the disc side - can use the one from your existing wheel until you get another). Front fitment depends on the year of the donor bike and whether yours is actually an 03 and not an earlier one on an 03 plate. You need to check the spindle diameter (20 or 26mm) and whether you have a mechanical or electronic speedo. Your front brake set up might be a factor but should be ok if your bike originally had 21/18 wheels. I've got a pair of LC4 enduro wheels I'd sell, I'll pm you my number.

Forgot to add - you'll need to put spacers behind the discs of EXC/SX wheels. Again, you can use the ones on your existing wheels. (hubs are exactly the same but the yokes and swingarm are wider on LC4's - hence spacers)
Cheers mate, have tried to pm you back, but your inbox is full so you cant receive any messages until you make some space, according to the error message anyway...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts