KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What boots you guys sporting on your 8's? i tend to commute alot so need a bit of mileage or i just square off a tyre in no time at all.

Just fitted some Pirelli Angel GT 2's to mine, only done about 60 or so miles but seem fairly decent so far. Ran the original Pielli Angel's on my zx7r and really liked them, so thought i'd give these a whirl on my 8 :scooter:

20190522_172614_HDR.jpg View attachment 29249

·
Registered
282 Posts
best tyres ive had so far, are the Michelin power RS. recently swapped to some M7 RR's and they arent as good, decent when hot but a bit skitish when cold.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bridgestone S21 for me. Last years model but still excellent and good price.
Love em but haven't tested in wet (and dont intend to)
Will test them on track next month ;)

Probably not the best option for commuting tho.
Look for sports-touring...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Bridgestone S21 for me. Last years model but still excellent and good price.
Love em but haven't tested in wet (and dont intend to)
the S21's are the same as the BT16 pro, just re branded. i had the BT16 pro for a while, and for the price (£150 for a pair) they were amazing. and pretty good life, and good wet performance too. definitly a good commuting tyre, cheap and effective.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just did a two week 3000 mile ride with a pair of Bridgestone BT16's fitted just before I left. Were perfect in the 35c plus temperatures we had, and through the two monumental rain showers. Still loads and loads of tread left. Last set of tyres barely made 3200 mile (Bridgestone S20 Evo's)- not sure of what the compound difference is, but the BT16's felt as good on the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts