KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title, What size SM wheels do I need for an 08 EXC450R, standard brakes etc.

Many thanks guys! :)

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
or 5" rear, but you have to be careful with tyre choice to avoid chain rub.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Got a pair of gold talon hubs & black excel rims
Front 260 floating disc & rear
45 tooth rear sprocket & orange chain (correct length)
Road legal tyres & heavy duty tubes

Rims have tyre changing marks but are straight and no dings .

£400 delivered

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys, Gaz nice wheels mate but a little out of my price range at the mo, cheers all!

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
I have a pair of 5 spoke cast wheels for 275 including discs, sprocket and tyres if you are strapped for cash.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi sorry to jump on your thread! I'm looking for similair, for a 2006 exc 450, gaz will that front disc fit the standard exc caliper? Also how much life left in the Tyres?

Sorry for the dumb questions I'm new to this, but those wheels are erotic!

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
Hi sorry to jump on your thread! I'm looking for similair, for a 2006 exc 450, gaz will that front disc fit the standard exc caliper? Also how much life left in the Tyres?

Those wheels dont have a front disc fitted. All you need do is fit a standard KTM disc and they will slot straight in. Should be able to get a good front disc for £25.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts

Yes bob

Tyres arejust old used wets will be replace if sold with road legal tyres .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks, I'll check the bank situation!

Would any 17' sportsbike wheels fit? I have a set of R1 wheels but presumed the rear would be too wide?

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
Thanks, I'll check the bank situation!

Would any 17' sportsbike wheels fit? I have a set of R1 wheels but presumed the rear would be too wide?
Been there, spend lots of money on buying wheels and fooking about. I have been doing SM conversions on KTM enduro bikes since 2002.

The easiest wheels are from 250cc and less ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts