KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back in from a wee rideout.

Coming fast into a favourite set of twisties I noted some smoke drifting across the road - rolled off the throttle thinking someone was burning refuse or having a roadside BBQ.

Smoke then gets thicker and thicker and it ain't smelling like a BBQ or someone's old rubbish. Visibility rapidly reduces and then as the corner really tightens up - out of the smoke looms a steam powered traction engine with a bloke prending to be Fred Dibnah at the controls. At the heady speed of 7 mph anyone running into it would simply have been flattened or pulped.

Funny how many tourists had maps open on their knees as they drove along - are Sat Nav systems that expensive?

Meanwhile the road safety 'experts' continue to target speeders as public enemy No.1 - coz there's cash to be made.

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
i saw a ferari get writen off at boxhill lol il get pics up in a bit

·
Registered
42 Posts
Saw a bloke riding a yellow GS1150 Beemer on the A34 wearing leather waistcoat with Hells Angels patches and colours all over it - must be a bit of a schizophrenic biker

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I saw a reflection in a shop window of a Mitsubishi Delica that looked just like mine, but with a flag on it. Then I realised it was mine, and that I'd put the flag on to keep my footie mad 8yr old lad happy.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah ............ the rich variety of sights to be seen on the road ............. and Mr T tempting us with the possibility of photos!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Saw a feckin super dooper tornado top gun type jet go over in fornt of me MEGA LOW !!! scared the shit outa me while I was hooning along :redface:

apparently there is an air show on at the air feild about 3-4 miles away from us, and a bigger air show a bit further away so they organised a low fly by for both :eek: :p

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
most will t-cut out i think lol, thats what happens when rich kids think there jonny big balls in daddies car innit.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
where exactlt was that is it the duel carraige way near the car park at box hill

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
yeah man the wheelie straight bit that the fun police boarded up the chaaants

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
most will t-cut out i think lol, thats what happens when rich kids think there jonny big balls in daddies car innit.
Mt T - Perhaps the finest posting from you in yonks - absolute class! .............. and those pics are truly a joy to behold ................ and all I get is a Fred Dibnah lookalike producing enough CO2 to end the world North of Alston.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Saw a feckin super dooper tornado top gun type jet go over in fornt of me MEGA LOW !!! scared the shit outa me while I was hooning along :redface:

apparently there is an air show on at the air feild about 3-4 miles away from us, and a bigger air show a bit further away so they organised a low fly by for both :eek: :p
Had a GR9 Harrier and his wingman come and ping me on the A 713 Ayr-Castle Douglas once riding down to Carsphain (some gun runs)...note to thumpers/SD/SM personnel that is a road worthy of the visit...and if you fancy some off road the world is your oyster in the Galloway forest.Trust me its as good as the NW Highlands.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts