For fast road riding ??
I had gold speeds but the front handle bars
Would jump out of your hands
When you get the speed up !!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Ive got Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa,s on my 690 smr , they are fantastic, heat up really quick and give an old nobber like me loads of confidence hammering round the lanes..I buy my scrubbed Pirelli,s from a Guy who,s tyres are really cheap and have only been run for 5 laps, i think a lot of the guys on here buy scrubbed race tyres..Let me know and i,ll PM you a phone number......:D

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I've used goldspeed pre cut slicks for 2 seasons on the 690smc..........behonest on the road theres not much difference but I rode a mates bike at flidfestwith goldspeed slicks on it and jesus I couldn't believe how loose they was compared to my usual michelin soft........I was very disappointed...........this new 690 I've got comes with conti attck on it......they feel good to me.........I wont use goldspeeds again and so you know a rear lasts between 800-1000 miles, thats 5 ride outs for me

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Goldspeeds will feel crap on the track after some hot lap's, they are built to heat up quick and not require warmer's..
Perfect for the road ?

I used Pilot slicks on my CRF 450 on the track and yes awesome..when new.
For the road the Goldspeed sounds a great tyre..I say sounds ..I've never ridden on them.

Been thinking about a pair of cut slicks for the 660

Just

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm using Michelin 2Ct's on by 690 Duke and it was "planted" around the Ring two weeks ago. Going back tomorrow for a bit more fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts