KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my ktm awhile back it was freshly rebuilt topend ran it in myself its been of the road a few years is currently got mx panels onit I have a fresh set of panels for it 2 light sets for the front I have the number plate ect just wondering what sort of money it will be worth
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
Still on original brake discs! I know they were better quality/thicker back then but that must mean fairly low hours/use? Looks like original front pipe to?

Ive no idea on its value because it’ll only be worth what someone wants to pay for it. Some after a field bike will want it for £500, someone who had one first time around and wants a restorative job might be happier to pay £1500.

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Do you have a V5 registration document in your name? That will affect the value as some people would be wary of buying it without one (assuming its an EXC and not an SX)

Reactions: Ollie ginge

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a V5 registration document in your name? That will affect the value as some people would be wary of buying it without one (assuming its an EXC and not an SX)
I'm not too sure I got a ktm bag with all the manuals ect there is a few green slips ect in there need to have a good look through it all and yes it's defo a exc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still on original brake discs! I know they were better quality/thicker back then but that must mean fairly low hours/use? Looks like original front pipe to?

Ive no idea on its value because it’ll only be worth what someone wants to pay for it. Some after a field bike will want it for £500, someone who had one first time around and wants a restorative job might be happier to pay £1500.
Yeah I know what you mean I must of payed well over what it's worth then lol

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
No V5? That makes it looked like its been nicked then and you will definitely not get the best price for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hardly looks like it's been nicked 😂I've got V5 and paperwork going back u till 2007 for work that has been done all the owners manuals old mot certificates

·
Registered
256 Posts
I brought my ktm awhile back it was freshly rebuilt topend ran it in myself its been of the road a few years is currently got mx panels onit I have a fresh set of panels for it 2 light sets for the front I have the number plate ect just wondering what sort of money it will be worth
View attachment 41735 View attachment 41736
Is that a speedo lead I see that has been unplugged next to the bottom triple clamp 😳😳😳

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes mate that's how I brought it unfortunately as it was running mx panels and hasn't been on the road in years! wasn't too impressed when I got there too see that but after a 3hour drive across Wales I couldn't be too fussy and was my first bike so I didn't have a clue what I was looking at 🙄

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that a speedo lead I see that has been unplugged next to the bottom triple clamp 😳😳😳
Yes mate that's how I brought it unfortunately as it was running mx panels and hasn't been on the road in years! wasn't too impressed when I got there too see that but after a 3hour drive across Wales I couldn't be too fussy and was my first bike so I didn't have a clue what I was looking at

·
Registered
256 Posts
I would not worry about it 99% of EXC’s have had their hours/miles fucked about with that’s the one advantage the new TPI’s have once you plug the ECU in you can check it’s true running hours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tbh I didn't even think about milage ect🤦‍♂️ but I only brought it to ride off road wasn't really thinking about it being Road legal having clock's ect as he had conveniently had all the wires tucked way u till I found them but fair play to him still had my pance down 😂😂

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't want to sell it but Yes I'm thinking about selling it as it just doesn't get used for months for a time and could really do with the cash but depends what I can get for it tbh as don't want to make a big loss onit and I do like the bike

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I don't want to sell it but Yes I'm thinking about selling it as it just doesn't get used for months for a time and could really do with the cash but depends what I can get for it tbh as don't want to make a big loss onit and I do like the bike
Where are you? and what do you want for it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[
Where are you? and what do you want for it?
I'm in Bristol and I'm not too sure tbh mate

1 - 20 of 41 Posts