KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Had to get a new kick-start was fine u till I went to start it when I went out and was just slipping wasn't impressed 😂 tube for the rear and I brought the inner bit for the kick start just incase and fesh oil just so I know exactly what was in there oh and 2 spark plugs 😂

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
All the splines of the inside of the kick start where gone looks like he used a bit of can to bodge it the wanker but new kick-start sorted the problem so got the inner spline ect ready incase I ever got a problem with that

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Yes mate my fault really was my first bike so was all excited as been waiting since a kid to get one so ignored a few red flags but that's how it goes I suppose
Yeah i bought a few shitters before, an i might buy your shitter now mate lol 1500 deliver to me? 2 hours drive on M4 to services?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
All the splines of the inside of the kick start where gone looks like he used a bit of can to bodge it the wanker but new kick-start sorted the problem so got the inner spline ect ready incase I ever got a problem with that
Is the spline worn?

I doubt it has had a new top end, he probably just said that so you ride it easy and dont blow it up hahaha

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Yes mate my fault really was my first bike so was all excited as been waiting since a kid to get one so ignored a few red flags but that's how it goes I suppose
We all bought a crap bike before, it all about learning. an theres so many crap bikes needing a ton of work. id guess that bike needs a bit more spent on it before being riden much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yeah i bought a few shitters before, an i might buy your shitter now mate lol 1500 deliver to me? 2 hours drive on M4 to services?
Mate I really appreciate that il havto have a think about it and get a price for someone with a van ect and no the spline is sound mate and tbh I do believe it was rebuild all the gaskets where fresh top end was spanking he had 2 other bikes there which he was rebuilding and a animal of a supermoto but yeah anyone's quess but I did all the heat cycles ect and tbh I've only opened it up once on the road and believe me it wasn't lacking any power 👌

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I havnt I drained the oil and replaced and ever since I havnt notiest anything leaking and kept checking oil level and dosnt seem to be going down

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I havnt I drained the oil and replaced and ever since I havnt notiest anything leaking and kept checking oil level and dosnt seem to be going down
And when I last took it out for the day up the quarry checked oil when I got back was was fine so if there is a oil leak it must b extremely minimal amounts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Well have a think about it.... tbh im probably better off coming to view it but i dont have a van atm. you not riden it much.. keep it and ride it!!

Last thing i want is you driving it to me and me thinking it needs this and that lol. and im abit wary about this oil leak or not oil leak hahah. let me know lad.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Take it this way I payed 18 for it had to spend onit before I could ride it and was a 6and a half hour round trip and I've rode it probley 2 times sinse I've ran it in
Unfortunately what you paid for it and how far you went to get it won't have any bearing on current value, and nor does what you spent on it if it was to fix something that was totally fucked.

2nd hand claims of a top end rebuild aren't worth much either.

I cannot see you making a profit on this for sure!

My advice would be get it as tidy as possible without spending a fortune, pop an MOT on it and then if you want shot of it there are loads of people looking for a "cheap" first trail bike.

And we all know there just ain't such a thing as a "cheap trail" bike as most are fucking expensive, so the cheap ones always have a surprisingly high value.

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
How can you tell if they are original brake disc's?
Those discs have a certain edge form to them and the holes in them. They changed in later years and I don’t know of any aftermarket that looks the same. My 04 450 had exactly those discs, I still have the old shagged ones somewhere. I also had a 2003 200 and from memory that also had those discs.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts