KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate is going to pick up a 200 EXC 2006 over the weekend. He has the option of having a Rekluse clutch, with left hand brake option! Its adding £400 to the cost of the bike.

What are the advantages of a Rekluse Clutch?

Tried a search, but dont seem to work for me.

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
£400 seems well steep! lot of people like them as I guess it makes riding easier (ie not stalling all the time) I'd tell him to hang on to it at that price!! He might let you have it for a couple of hundred...... at that price its worth a go and can sell on easy!

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
Interestingly NikNak has a Rekluse on his bike..........

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Would a trails rider want to take away his clutch and lose a lot of control?
So why would you want less control on your enduro bike?

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
What are the advantages of a Rekluse Clutch?
its like driving semi-automatic car, you shift but dont use the clutch..... some peole like it, most hate it. Austrian army has 250ies all equipped with left hand brake instead of clutch. weird, but it seems that it is working...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
As a trials rider i know a BIT about bike control, i ride a 4 stroke modern trials bike and vintage 2 strokes in clubman trials, i dont use the clutch in sections for control, i use the throttle, brakes and engine braking.

I also have a Rekluse Pro in my 250 EXCF....... and i love it :)

IMHO unless you are competing in enduros, hare and hounds etc you might not get your moneys worth out of the Rekluse, offer him £250 max for it, although the LHR brake is worth £100?????

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
think its about more control rather than less to be honest, must make riding quite simple and having the control of the brake in your left hand would make wheelies very easy!! still, wouldn't mind a try but don't think I could justify the expense...

·
Registered
887 Posts
I must admit, I think they are brilliant :D

It is so much easier braking with your left hand as opposed to a big fuck off clumsy boot! And the rekluse will have much better clutch control than your average mortal....It prevents stalling and definately reduces fatigue ;)

400 is not bad at all considering the LHRB is included aswell...just make sure he gets the original bits included too (so he can put it back to original and sell it on if he doesn't like it ;))

Rekluse £550 new
Dual LHRB Kit £220 new

Doesn't seem bad deal to me

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i have a rekluse on my 200xc and love it, it comes into its own when on extreme type trials bits on rocks and logs and as previously mentioned no stalling.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, my mates picked his bike, complete with Rekluse. Had a quick blast and immediately locked up the rear. Sure it will take a while to get used to the rear brake mounted were the clutch should be!

But will be great when pulling wheelies'!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts