KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few like the corbin one, and the motorcycleseatworks one that Locksmith has. There has been indifferent comments on the KTM gel version. I had a seat of a CCM R30 modded by Saxon in christchurch dorset who were very reasonable and did a fair job of an awful seat just by changing the foam and recovering with original cover. A ride in ride out service. Any other options? (not padded pants:redface:).

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Weird, I think the o/e seat is fine

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's ok up to about an hour, 2 hours is pretty uncomfortable. All day riding is nigh on torture, for me anyway. I suppose we're all different.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
It also depends on what type of arse you got, and if your a fat,thin,heavy or light ..One seat could be comfotable for some and a bed of nails for others . Motorcycleseatworks asks you your weight etc and think he made mine just right ..
I also have the KTM Ergo seat and it feels the same as the standard one to me !

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's ok up to about an hour, 2 hours is pretty uncomfortable. All day riding is nigh on torture, for me anyway. I suppose we're all different.

I have the same problem as you, forget the KTM gel seat as thats no different to the std and in my opinion a complete waste of money.

I have just dropped my seat off hear Motorcycleseatworks to be re-styled with thicker foam in a corbin style (£135)

My mate has just bought a 2010 990smr and I have noticed KTM have changed the style of the seat so maybe they have been listening to all the complaints.

Here is a picture of a bike with a re-styled seat

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have the same problem as you, forget the KTM gel seat as thats no different to the std and in my opinion a complete waste of money.

I have just dropped my seat off hear Motorcycleseatworks to be re-styled with thicker foam in a corbin style (£135)

My mate has just bought a 2010 990smr and I have noticed KTM have changed the style of the seat so maybe they have been listening to all the complaints.

Here is a picture of a bike with a re-styled seat

Hey thats my bike ........Can recommend the seat mod..

·
Ex 9fiddy sm'er
4,925 Posts
I had one made by some bloke up north recommended off of someone on here. It has a gel pad for pillion as well as rider but he somehow managed to make it even harder than the knife edge it started with! He even managed to cut a requested Ktm into the seat to look like a 4 year old had done it...

Not chuffed but don't have another £140 to get it fixed again...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I had one made by some bloke up north recommended off of someone on here. It has a gel pad for pillion as well as rider but he somehow managed to make it even harder than the knife edge it started with! He even managed to cut a requested Ktm into the seat to look like a 4 year old had done it...

Not chuffed but don't have another £140 to get it fixed again...
Didnt you complain etc ?

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 2010 SMR seat ain't that great either but $275.00 NZD ($135GBP) and I bought a new SMT seat, lower and way way more comfy, the lower part was better for me cos I ain't a tall dude either.

·
Ex 9fiddy sm'er
4,925 Posts
I did complain, got the Ktm bit taken out and recovered and he put another memory foam piece in. Either I have a very sensitive arse or he slipped a piece of 6x2 in there as well! Mind you, having ridden a 450smr over the weekend, it's not like the slightly rounded off breeze block the wee fellas have to put up with - respect: heinb!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts