KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simples, please pass on your wisdom as to what is the better bike for laning and the odd enduro/mx track, the 250 exc/xc or the mighty 300 (smokers of corse!)

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've got a '02 250EXC and reckon the power delivery is just about perfect for me. Enough torque at the bottom end so you can potter over technical bits without too much risk of stalling, and a fairly quick, but progressive, build in power as it revs higher so it's still easy to loft the front over obstacles.

I've ridden a couple of later 300EXCs and found em just that bit too much. Not sure whether a different powervalve spring might have made them a bit more like mine - not even sure what one was fitted to the ones I rode. Quite a few people that have ridden mine feel the same - although plenty of folk prefer the 300 - from what I can gather mostly because of the extra torque at the bottom end.... the exact reason why I prefer my 250!

Yer best bet is to try both and see which you get on with better.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks mate I have had a 2009 250 n loved it but not had the chAnce to ride the 300 so as I'm looking to buy new it's tricky to get the chance, my concern is that of yours that the extra grunt might be a little to much ...

·
Registered
264 Posts
For laning the 300 is a better bike - put in the soft power valve spring.You can ride lazy and let it plod.
The 250 is more for the racers. You have to rev it more.

·
Registered
298 Posts
rode both sunday i have a 250 but really liked the 300 . but when you get tired its a real handfull i allso have a 200 thats the most fun. the 250 is somewere in between .i dont mean to state the obvious. you need to ride one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts