KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not usually my thing but looking more like if you want to ride off road the only option is green laning.
Expecting the peak district to be mad busy today has any one been up there?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Saw something about riders on Salisbury Plain being fined so I'm not sure the Police thinks that greenlaning is in the rules. Unless it was because there were groups of them or something.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought green lanes came under the same regs as normal roads?
Rudulfhucker which side of the Peaks are you? I am not far from Leek/Buxton end.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
If they are byways they are roads so should be no reason not to use them...in principle. Not sure how much that applies to the Plain though.
However, it should only be to get to a place of exercise or treat trail riding as exercise or for your mental wellbeing. The TRF seem to be finding it difficult to fully justify it although they imply it’s within police guidelines. It’s all a bit confused.
I did go out on the Triumph for a first road ride yesterday since mid Feb and with no intention of getting exercise but would have winged it if stopped.
The police were apparently out in force stopping people going into Brighton today but I’m not sure how legal or the best use of their time it was.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sheffield / Chesterfield side about 20 mins from Chatsworth, Lee.

There's nothing to stop you using Byways as they are roads. The issue could be down to social distancing or exercising with more than 1 person not from your household.

You can bet a pound to a pinch of Chinese shite that the bobbies will go out of their way to be cnuts because they can. Ramblers and other miserable twats will probably join in. There have already been loads of fixed penalty notices issued that are unjustified which should be interesting if they come to court.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I live on the edge of the Peak District, there seemed to be a lot of people out generally today, but l did a mountain bike ride and didn’t see any off road motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Saw something about riders on Salisbury Plain being fined so I'm not sure the Police thinks that greenlaning is in the rules. Unless it was because there were groups of them or something.
I heard it was because they were in big groups..even The trf have decided it's ok to go trail riding..I have given it a swerve for now especially on a sunny weekend there are families with kids dogs and old gimmers all over the place

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Went for a spin for a couple of hours - which is allowed, but only with own family or one other + social distancing.

Kept to quiet back lanes, the A&B roads were almost at normal traffic levels, and I did see a few other bikes, mainly in 1's (or two up) but I did pass one group of four sat at the roadside - this is about the only thing the coppers can stop / challenge / fine for.

MAG / TRF / BMF have all stated you an ride for leisure purposes and are lobbying the government on our behalf (if your not a member of on of those then why not join, they all try and protect our rights)

MCN also said the same and that they have been in contact with the government to confirm the situation, so if you get stopped on your own / with 1 other / with family then tell PC Jobsworth to do one ;-)

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Yeah, had an email from the TRF with a load of supporting information to print and show any coppers if stopped. As long as it's only family or + 1 etc. Then it's fine under the rules but we should still use common sense and make our own call on whether it's worth the risk.

People seem to forget that just because we're legally allowed to do something, it doesn't mean we have to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts