KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys , does anybody know if a set of excel yzf250 wheels will fit on my sx250. how hard is it to change the spacers to fit ?
thanks

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
More to it than spacers. The disc to sprocket distance is different. I cant remember by how much and which way, but I tried it in 2003 and it was not a quick fix.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what would i need to change?
as long is the rear rim size is the same (2.15x19), should it be ok ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anybody know how to get them to fit?
and what wheels fit the 2002 ktm 250sx ?
please help

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
No, but be patient - don't bother rushing into something....there are always wheels on ebay and a numerous breakers.

And.....how about putting something back into the forum, like a measley little tenner to become a forum supporter in exchange for all the questions yo want urgent answers to? Goodwill and all that :)

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
Wheels come up on here all the time. Be patient. All KTM EXC/SX wheels from 1999 onwards will fit your bike.....

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

125/200/250/350/400/450/520/525/540/560

EXC/SX/SMR/MXC/SX-F/XC/XCF/SXS

99/00/01/02 will have the small front spindle so need the KTM kit at £40 ish to fit the later bikes

03/04/05/06/07/08/09/10/11 have the large front spindle so need a pair of new wheel spacers at £15 ish to fit the early bikes

even the LC4 with WP USD forks will fit, not the Duke or Duke2 though. They have a cush drive but still fit the proper off road bikes.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Feck, im glad I stayed out of this one :D a good conclusion though kev, and some sound advice as always :smokin: the thread read like one of our many greedy kids harping on about cake :):) feck after reading the first few posts, I wanted to make the bloody wheels for him :rotflmao:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Fook me, he has gone quiet on us, must have been way past his bedtime anyhow :D
yeah, you can put your feet up now kev :D but could you just tell me..................................if the wheels off a 1945 zundapp bella will fit MY bike :rotflmao:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
One thing I do know....the wheels off a Toyota Vigo will fit on a Mitsubishi Delica, although the wheel centre is a bit tight on the rear and a good whack is needed to remove them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts