KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my mitts on a 625 SMC, unfortunately after giving it a good clean it appears thatt he wheels have passed their best in terms of polished finish and a lot of the spokes are rusty.
Can anyone recommend somewhere in Essex/Kent area that does wheel builds and painting or powder coating. I quite fancy a half black half KTM orange finish

Thankyou in advance

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry for the repeat threads, this one did not post initially so i retyped it and posted again, then this one appeared as if by magic

·
Registered
446 Posts
He he! Central wheel are sort of central in the country, i think thats why they are called that! Birmingham....blimey somewhere classed as central and without a london address, because everyone knows london is the centre of the universe apparently.......ha ha ha!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers guys, i will give them a call and see on prices.

Any idea if i should go the powder coated route or the painted route?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
My bike and supermoto wheels are away at the moment getting the powdercoating treatment. I'm changing the spokes to Stainless while the wheel is stripped. I'll let you know what they are like when they come back. :)

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
brokenlegs (off here) did mine.... great service... great price

·
Registered
147 Posts
Try Maldon Shot Blasting and Powder Coating in Maldon. They did some bits for me and am thinking of having my wheels done.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had my R&G tail tidy done before I fitted it. The finish was fine but I thought £25 was a bit steep compared to prices for larger items. I reckon it could have been a minimum charge. They had some great ideas for wheels, and mine may well go in over the winter to be done. Would definitely use them again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is where my bike is at the moment. There work seems very good - how did you find it?
I had my R&G tail tidy done before I fitted it. The finish was fine but I thought £25 was a bit steep compared to prices for larger items. I reckon it could have been a minimum charge. They had some great ideas for wheels, and mine may well go in over the winter to be done. Would definitely use them again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts