KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody tell me where the Wheel Speed SENSOR is located.
Have found the wires on the wiring diagram (general plug to dashboard), but before stripping the bike, would be nice to know where it is attached.

.... at the moment, I have no speed read-out on my ODO meter, the only reference I have are the speeding tickets .... fairly expensive though!:eek:

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
err i dunno, but sod it i never look at my speedo.....

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Located at the front wheel isn't it?

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Put the Merlot down and step away from the bottle, lol

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
..... try a (long) wheelie, your speed will be indicating .....
Christ, I wish I could carry one that was more than 2cm high and for longer than 1m mate :redface:

Are you sure it's not just the case that the front wheels keeps spinning? I was sure it was at the front wheel (left side as you're sat on the bike) with changing the gearing not having any impact on the speedo. Sorry I can't be any help then.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
If fats is saying soory then so must I. I am not omniscient so I don't know the answer. Mearly bringing some bravety to a sh*t day I have been having.

PLC

·
Registered
61 Posts
it is on the front wheel. If you stand in front of the bike looking back at it (lovingly), it is on the right hand side, a black plastic thing which sits about 2 mm away from the bolts holding the front disc carrier on. The wire follows the brake pipe up the forks and under the dash.

Interestingly if you look at the rear brake caliper there is a space for another wheel speed sensor - perhaps ktm were thinking about abs or traction control for the future? or perhaps that is just the standard brembo location for ducatis etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can somebody tell me where the Wheel Speed SENSOR is located.
Have found the wires on the wiring diagram (general plug to dashboard), but before stripping the bike, would be nice to know where it is attached.

.... at the moment, I have no speed read-out on my ODO meter, the only reference I have are the speeding tickets .... fairly expensive though!:eek:
Trace the wire down the nearside brakepipe to the bottom of the forkleg. You should find the sensor attached facing the wheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
..... yep found it, feel kinda stupid!!
Thanks, but on the other hand, no thanks ...... cause it means that my 'suposed' long wheelies are not long enough to see my speed decreasing as the font wheel spins less after a while .... :frown:
Fat Tony & rest : :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts