KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had Rc8 for nearly month, never had a twin before so took time to get use to it. Now up to speed , BUT coming out of bend, cracked open throttle trying to make my mates blade look pants. front wheel shot up in the air and shat myself.:eek:
What i am enquiring is do you chaps know of any really good wheelie stunt schools that show how to wheelie with clutch! Off to Cadwell soon and the mountain is my nemisis, if i could control the front i would be flying round there.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
had reservations on opening up this thread, not wot i was expecting to be honest with ya..:rotflmao:. wheelie school..mmmm... me and spannaz are cheap..;) you can go faster on the mountain not on the back wheel, hit it at pace and stand up and lean forward at the same time, gripping the tank with your knees. sort of like this........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually tried that on a zx6 i used to have. I lent forward, the front came up, and i knocked myself right off the back of the bike. Apperently it was hilarious. the bike carried on slowed down on vertically got stuck in the trees with no damage ( unlike me that had a damaged ego). Still i will give it another go.
So how cheap are you?

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
:rotflmao:

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Pin the fook out of it, look into the woodland section and hope for the best.;)

You've only got to back off on the throttle and it'll drop. Go and find a nice little steep hill and practice it.:D

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I actually tried that on a zx6 i used to have. I lent forward, the front came up, and i knocked myself right off the back of the bike. Apperently it was hilarious. the bike carried on slowed down on vertically got stuck in the trees with no damage ( unlike me that had a damaged ego). Still i will give it another go.
So how cheap are you?
fookin hell.......:rotflmao:.. probably not good advice then....it still comes up but you control it by leaning further forward rather than jamming the throttle off and losing a ball....
p.s, not as cheap as spannaz

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
ye, thats it, just like my pic...:D

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Oh yeah, i was doing that when no one was looking:rolleyes:

·
Registered
180 Posts
WTF? My CBR1000RR would go up into a wheelie if I hit the throttle hard but my RC8 just makes my butt slide to the back and goes. My husband keeps saying the bike wont wheelie. He gave it hell (the reason he's not allowed back on it) and it came up a little and just came right back down.
:(

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Oooh picture whoring time. Hang time.
I love that when the front comes down and you get on the gas it hits a bump and comes up again :D

And one in White Lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
If those weren't taken on a track i'd say those are puss wheelies. My husband does the ride for miles stand up or sit down wheelies. I just don't have any pics of him doing it on a street bike (got one of him on his KTM 250 sxf doing one) since i'm always riding beside him.

Maybe my bike is so jacked up it's lacking in power? I mean I had that one day I shifted down and took the HELL off.. like it was CRAZY fast to the point I wasn't ready for that kind of reaction and I almost ended up riding on the tail of the bike lol.

And you damn foreigners always call us yanks no matter where in the states we are huh? I'm in WV.. it's kind of divided but where i'm at we are more "southern". ;) And i'm FROM California and... they are just... well.. freaks really lol

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
I'm only being bitter cause you broke my heart yankie doodle dandy:rolleyes:

Why the fook move from Cali? I wanna go live there.:D

Loving the photo whoring. Get them up peeps:smokin:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
digging the black bike GF, looks cool

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Does look awesome. Ahhh Cadwell, why do we live so far apart.:frown::D

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
worst botty burping one, coming over a ridge in the road two up at about120mph nearly flipped it if it wasn't for the legend stood up and over my shoulders i think we would be not here he thought it was "fooking cool" i said i had no control over what was happening:eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts