KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1914 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about fancy media at Erzberg reviews, i'm taking about regular forum guys. I've only seen that one negative one on KTMtalk, are there that few out yet?
First impressions?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm not talking about fancy media at Erzberg reviews, i'm taking about regular forum guys. I've only seen that one negative one on KTMtalk, are there that few out yet?
First impressions?
Best enduro bike I have owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
None of the supported riders have been allocated a bike yet , mostly due to July / August being so busy race wise , X2 ACU Sprint , BEC and ISDE , soon followed by Sept BEC they are riding most days in prep for the above , will calm down mid Sept and expect to see the bikes at Hawkstone Brit Enduro GP end of Sept once had a chance to test :scooter:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've got a 250 tpi one of the first I would say, it's amazing imo I had a 17 Exc 250 and 300 and 150 to use last year
This tpi is exactly how I wished I could have jetted the 250 17 bike like and more,
It's a flatter easier to live with power delivery and will chug down super low for tight tech stuff
Only had 2 rides on it but so far super impressed

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've recently had a 2017 250 EXCF and now 2016 250 EXC (gone back to older 2T) but like the new chassis much more......I bought the 2016 based on the 17 jetting woes but have seen plenty of 2T 17's at now great value, so very tempted to cancel my order, but would pay the 18 price if it was a step on overall performance etc, so good new based on your comments :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
had 2 rides on new 300 tpi.
been a while since i've owned a proper KTM enduro bike, was promised by a reliable source/mate who preps for race teams (based on 2017 model) that KTM have got handling right (my reason for moving to yamaha 2t since 2009)
the whole package is very very impressive, it all works together like KTM actually meant it to!
the TPI is faultless, honestly, ive had EFI sherco enduro bikes and it's like that, smooth, clean and precise. i'm waiting for it to do something wrong but it doesn't.
you get used to the 'roughness' of a carb bike and you think something is missing.
i can answer a few questions but i suggest you do the right thing and get one before you miss out.

·
Registered
612 Posts
had 2 rides on new 300 tpi.
been a while since i've owned a proper KTM enduro bike, was promised by a reliable source/mate who preps for race teams (based on 2017 model) that KTM have got handling right (my reason for moving to yamaha 2t since 2009)
the whole package is very very impressive, it all works together like KTM actually meant it to!
the TPI is faultless, honestly, ive had EFI sherco enduro bikes and it's like that, smooth, clean and precise. i'm waiting for it to do something wrong but it doesn't.
you get used to the 'roughness' of a carb bike and you think something is missing.
i can answer a few questions but i suggest you do the right thing and get one before you miss out.
I completely agree they they have done a remarkable job

·
Registered
8,456 Posts
Even that one miserable comment on KTM Talk started to improve as Taffymoto pointed out yesterday. I bet when the chap is back from Romaniacs and gets to ride it properly and for long enough I bet it ends up a happy tale. If not its his loss and it'll be someone else's gain as that bike gets sold on.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
I've recently had a 2017 250 EXCF and now 2016 250 EXC (gone back to older 2T) but like the new chassis much more......I bought the 2016 based on the 17 jetting woes but have seen plenty of 2T 17's at now great value, so very tempted to cancel my order, but would pay the 18 price if it was a step on overall performance etc, so good new based on your comments :)
New chassis rides lovely don't it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Even that one miserable comment on KTM Talk started to improve as Taffymoto pointed out yesterday. I bet when the chap is back from Romaniacs and gets to ride it properly and for long enough I bet it ends up a happy tale. If not its his loss and it'll be someone else's gain as that bike gets sold on.
Sadly you can't fix stupid !

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
I've got a 250 tpi one of the first I would say, it's amazing imo I had a 17 Exc 250 and 300 and 150 to use last year
This tpi is exactly how I wished I could have jetted the 250 17 bike like and more,
It's a flatter easier to live with power delivery and will chug down super low for tight tech stuff
Only had 2 rides on it but so far super impressed
My dealer shuts his doors end of august. He offered me the one and only 250TPI he ordered for a real killer price but he will not take my old (2017) bike back. :hmh:

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
A guy was out with us in Romania on a 250 tpi, he never had a problem with it, said it didn't get as hot as his 17 250 (fan was on less than he thought it would be).

Said it was very smooth, smoother than his 17 and had to ride it a bit more aggressively than his old bike. He was doing some very steep stuff, he got up the final hill at the finish of Romaniacs** with a little bit of help with a rope, and i do mean a little, mainly to make sure he didn't slip back or loop at as it was damn near vertical just behind him (he was about 15 foot from the top when he stopped!!) .

**we were there 2 days before the finish day

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
A guy was out with us in Romanis on a 250 tpi, he never had a problem with it, said it didn't get as hot as his 17 250 (fan was on less than he thought it would be).

Said it was very smooth, smoother than his 17 and had to ride it a bit more aggressively than his old bike. He was doing some very steep stuff, he got up the final hill at the finish of Romaniacs** with a little bit of help with a rope, and i do mean a little, mainly to make sure he didn't slip back or loop at as it was damn near vertical just behind him (he was about 15 foot from the top when he stopped!!) .

**we were there 2 days before the finish day
What were you doing there stumo? Holiday? Crew? Got any pictures? Video? Strippers? Etc.

1 - 20 of 1914 Posts