KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for Michelin AC10s for my 450, has anybody any recomendations for the cheapest place to get them?

Cheers:)

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Just my opinion here but there are better tyres out there than the AC10. Any reasons why you choose the AC10?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am open to suggestions if you think there are better available. I have currently got a maxis tyre on but its worn out very quickly. I only do green lanes and a bit of road work between and want something that lasts a bit longer but also has decent grip and of course is road legal. I know alot of the guys on here use Mitas but they don't look to have that good grip and in the muddy stuff look like they clog a bit. I am not the best or most experienced rider so any advice would be great.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
AC10 on the back will be fine but dont put one on the front or you may spend a lot of time laid down :eek:

Comp 3 on the front or Golden Tyre 216 ;)

The Mitas c02 has great reviews and the rears seem to last forever ..

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I've got Metzeler 6 Day Enduro tyres which are knobbly and road legal (FIM Homologted) will prob swap like for like but they also do more road / less knobbly versions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rear AC10s wear quickly too, but good grip in the mud. I like them. My Front AC10s didn't feel that secure on tarmac or stone, so have Comp IV on the front.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
What terrain?

Personally for just general laning i always used a comp4 front and a Mitas C0-2.
A Bridgestone Gritty(i think the 663 not the 661....can someone confirm which is the better one??...been a while since i last used one) is another decent front tyre.
The AC10 rear tyre isn't a bad tyre but my choice would be a C0-2 over them due to their longevity with a decent grip on all terrain.
I did once try the Mitas front tyre which i hated but the lads i rode out with thought it was OK. Strange but true that.

Saying the above,my 2t 250exc came with AC10's so i am currently using them(with caution) but the front seems OK on a 2t compared to on a 4t but this could be due to less weight on the front end during engine braking. I'd rather bin the AC10's if riding a 4t though.Another strange thing.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Bridgestone Gritty ED663 for the front and what Blue says for the rear. Good all round set-up for laning & the odd Enduro.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Hi all,

A few questions ref tyres...

Is the Mitas rear tyre a larger tyre?

Some like the AC10 front and some don't is it worth trying?

Thanks

Nick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts