KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can someone please tell me where I can practice light enduro in Nottinghamshire/Derby area? I don't mind paying to use the land. However I don't really want to be racing or doing all the huge jumps. I just want a bit of land to practice handling the bike on the rough stuff.

Also, no illegal suggestions please. I don't have a bike that I'm willing to risk loosing!

So if you know a farmer or anyone willing to let me use their land. Please let me know. I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.

or email me: [email protected]

P.S I'M NOT ROAD REGISTERED!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi matt
There is some good rocky lanes in darly dale that are legal to ride???? I use them to improve on my rock riding, there is the desert at Mansfield that's legal now?? OK for sand/mud practicing, there's also a farm with a Mx track that's rutted and rough at Mansfield also and he charges 10 quid for all day but there is no amenities or anything.
Not sure if that helps but I tried :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Matt, are you talking about greenlaning or actual enduro type practice?

If you're road registered and insured then Larf are based in your area and are out and about each month, last month Barmouth, next month Leyburn.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi matt
There is some good rocky lanes in darly dale that are legal to ride???? I use them to improve on my rock riding, there is the desert at Mansfield that's legal now?? OK for sand/mud practicing, there's also a farm with a Mx track that's rutted and rough at Mansfield also and he charges 10 quid for all day but there is no amenities or anything.
Weres this place for 10 quid mate??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi matt
Thanks mate. Yes, the Desert in Mansfield is legal now. However they only do motocross, quad's and 4x4's. I don't think they have any trail riding or enduro facilities. (and unfortunately I have no interest in motocross what-so-ever :| But I will defiantly look into the lanes in Darly Dale. They sound like they're worth a look :) Also could you give us some more information on where this 10 quid farm place is?? Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Might be out of turn but the lane at darley dale is only a mile long at tops hardly worth driving out too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt, are you talking about greenlaning or actual enduro type practice?

If you're road registered and insured then Larf are based in your area and are out and about each month, last month Barmouth, next month Leyburn.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. And unfortunately I'm NOT road registered. So I can't use the green lanes (unless perhaps, they're either so quiet or so commonly used, that the chances of being caught are 1 in a 1000000) :)

And the type of riding that I'm was talking about IS enduro. However not that extreme stuff, that's more like trials riding on an enduro bike e.g. RedBull Romaniacs. I wanted to practice handling the bike on small stones/rocks. Medium hill climbs and descents. And wood trails where you have to navigate and control the slippery mud and tree roots. etc. The sort of terrain that could be tackled on a 250 4 stroke. I hope you know what I mean :)

The only other way I could explain it is, the less extreme sections of the Yorkshire Enduro.

Thanks again.

P.S. (and this apply's to anyone reading) Even though I was looking for enduro style terrain. Please don't hesitate to tell me if you know just a farm or somewhere to ride. Anything would be very appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
MattHayes where you living ? I'm just outside Mansfield

Anyone interested in the track its near Asda in Forest Town
Very small but for 10 quid its worth it for the seat time
Also very muddy when its rained

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MattHayes where you living ? I'm just outside Mansfield

Anyone interested in the track its near Asda in Forest Town
Very small but for 10 quid its worth it for the seat time
Also very muddy when its rained
I'm in Annesley Woodhouse (just past Kirkby). So Mansfield is not a problem :) Could you give us a bit more detailed information on where this place is please? I will go and check it out!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not that good with computers but copy and paste this

Google Maps

You can see the farm and the track above it

Basically if you turn off old mill lane to go to asda,go straight over the mini rounabout that you would take to turn into asda.Next mini roundabout turn
left,30 yards then turn right up a farm track.Park in tthe area on the right and you have to walk down to the track,through a gate at the bottom and around
the stables. if you fancy a ride let me know and we can arrange something.

You really ought to go to desert next sat,first legal ride should not to be missed.

Cheers,
Malc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not that good with computers but copy and paste this

Google Maps

You can see the farm and the track above it

Basically if you turn off old mill lane to go to asda,go straight over the mini rounabout that you would take to turn into asda.Next mini roundabout turn
left,30 yards then turn right up a farm track.Park in tthe area on the right and you have to walk down to the track,through a gate at the bottom and around
the stables. if you fancy a ride let me know and we can arrange something.

You really ought to go to desert next sat,first legal ride should not to be missed.

Cheers,
Malc
Thanks pal!! I will take a look this weekend hopefully :) and yeah. I would be happy to have a ride with you when I've upgraded my bike! (which hopefully won't be too long)

Also, isn't The Desert just motocross???

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Enduroland are holding a practice day 08/12/12 incorperating all tracks and a bit of woodland.

Dont know if you have ever been there but it would have been better if they could use more of the woodland,
after all they use it for the rally's.

Not really a fan of deep red sand but as I need all the practice I can get (too fat and old)

Google tbec and look on youtube,Thinking of joining once 2013 venues posted.Hare and hounds look just right for my riding abilities.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha. Too old and fat? I'm nearly 16! (so you're not the only one who needs all the practice you can get :D ). But I had a look at the TBEC event's and they look great! I agree, they don't look too extreme, but defiantly not boring! Would like to have a go when I've got a bit of practice under my belt.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi matt sorry not been near a PC for a while, just a thought there's a practice day at butts quarry just the other side of alfreton on saturday its run by fast eddy done a few of there events and there a good starting point for you, I would think. I will be there if you are going:) :)
Also going to the desert next week too for the enduro track day :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no worries pal! And I never knew about Butt's Quarry! I would like to just go and have a look before I took a bike. But wether I can make it next Saturday, I don't know? (transport not available at the drop of a hat) :hmh: But I will check it out asap. Also, I thought the Desert was only motocross???

·
Registered
81 Posts
What you riding and what you upgrading to_Orange I presume.

To LEELEE :Would of liked to do Butts quarry on saturday,didnt realise it was on.
Are you racing sunday or just the practice on saturday.
If my lads footy is cancelled I will probably go to watch on sunday

Booked desert with a mate,do they scrutineer the bikes as my mate has a bag of nails CR125 also waiting to upgrade

·
Registered
39 Posts

To LEELEE :Would of liked to do Butts quarry on saturday,didnt realise it was on.

Booked desert with a mate,do they scrutineer the bikes as my mate has a bag of nails CR125 also waiting to upgrade
Just practice for me, not had much bike time this year, work ,misses and beer :)
They did not do scrutineering at the desert when I did the Mx track but don't take that as gospel tho lol
Thinking of going to watch sunday as one of my mates might be doing it tho
Will have Number 206 on my 200 at the desert pop over and say hello if you there:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

If the first question was aimed at me, I'm only on a Suzuki RV125 at the moment. Great for light trail riding, but I want to start enduro. So I was considering a (second-hand) 4 stroke, and probably 250 - 350cc. I would like a KTM, Husaberg or Husqvarna (obviously, what 15 year old wouldn't :D). But they seem to be so expensive. So I would probably have to stick to a Yamaha WR, or Suzuki DR etc.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts