KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off to the Cologne show next month. Any recommendations for accommodation, preferably with safe parking for the bike? Cheers, g.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There is a big hotel next to the river (opposite where the fairground is) that has secure 24hr manned underground parking with a big gate so only hotel residents can get it. Cant remember what its called but its big and you cant miss it. Its near the catherdral type gothic looking church thingy.

Just as i posted this samdogmonster came up with the name of the place. Good lad!!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I dont know Cologne, so sorry no info,

two recommendations though:
1) Avoid the Formula One chain (one step up from a police cell!)
2) If you venture over Hannover way for FANTASTIC biking country in The Harz,
Check the links in my sig. for the details of Greg & Jacqui at Pension Roseneck :D

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Its near the catherdral type gothic looking church thingy. its big and you cant miss it.
Royal Air Force managed to miss it repeatedly! :rolleyes::D

The Chocolate Museum, down on the river, is hygienic and regimented in the German way:rolleyes: but the museum shop is a bargain point for choca-holics ! ;)

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I've used Hotel Caprice twice, it's cheap compared to most, is in the center near the river and has a very quiet courtyard by the front door which is out of view of surrounding streets, you can lock your bike to the railings by the door. The only hassle is it's a bitch to find because it's in such an out of view place. Loads of good pubs on the doorstep.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Try the Ibis Koeln Centrum, it has underground parking and is an easy walk to the cathedral etc.
Stayed there during a trip last year (think it is right near a BMW bike dealer / shop).

Yep, underground parking with an lift so no need to lug your gear up.

Smoking rooms available as well!

Phil

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Have a good time in Cologne - I'm going to Milan instead - I hear KTM and Ducati will both be launching their new bikes there....................

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a good time in Cologne - I'm going to Milan instead - I hear KTM and Ducati will both be launching their new bikes there....................
Cheers lads. Thanks for all the info - really useful. I think the Ibis looks like the best bet - Caprice sounds great, but probably nicer than I need on this occasion. I would LOVE to go to the Milan show Pebble - particularly if KTM and Ducati do decide to use it for their launches - but Cologne is just that bit easier for me to get to when I've only managed to wangle a weekend pass out of 'er indoors. : Another time maybe.......

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
A lot safer on two wheels in Cologne than Milan.
All drivers in Italy are mental. Fact!

Phil
Agreed - but it's fun riding around Milan in the wet without a map trying to find a hotel - had to ask about 5 local scooter riders to show me the way last time - they kept belting off and leaving me behind !

·
Registered
446 Posts
Milan is easy, just ask for the duomo and work it out from there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts