KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i am thinking to buy a quickshifer for my 8...which is the best?
I have not a powercommander, bazzaz or rapidbike, is there a quickshifter that work with the oem ecu?
Probably it is a stupid question :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have the HM unit on my bike. Great bit of kit :D

Easy to install and setup.

It doesn't integrate with the ECU like the KLS does but it is around half the cost and, for the road at least, more than up to the job.

Technically the KLS is superior in terms of operation but you do pay for the privilege ;)

Take a look at my write-up for some install pics of the HM - should help you to see how it fits / works:

HM installed

In case your interested in the linkage setup I went for:

HM adjustable linkage

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
If you take a closer look at quickshifters there are some real differences to be discovered. I run the KLS one and it has never failed me. Proper piece of kit.

HM ones are known to fail temporary due to sudden temp changes and even installment location on the bike may have curious effects. Other than that it is a priceworthy piece of kit and certainly better than the Bazzaz or PC ones.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
While never heard of it doesn't mean it cannot happen. No manufacturer is keen on suppying this kind of information.

Neither am i stating the KLS is the best. It just has never failed ME.

Well the Bazzaz can't cope with dust and high humidity. It requires some spray sealant to keep it working through the day in these conditions.

The HM is a "self' calibrating unit and if a sudden temp change occurs (splash of water onto it e.g.) it starts recalibrating itself, which while riding on track will set it to limp mode as it cannot workout how to calibrate.

Both units work off a certain pressure applied to the sensor, so they might shift while your foot is hovering over the pedal for example.

Since installing the Nemesis on the Track i could opt for their quickshifter system which is supposed to be better than the KLS. That should also provide a bit more space in the tail as you could do without the control box. But i very much like the fact it works based on the amount of travel the shift lever moves vs an applied pressure.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi guys, i am thinking to buy a quickshifer for my 8...which is the best?
I have not a powercommander, bazzaz or rapidbike, is there a quickshifter that work with the oem ecu?
Probably it is a stupid question :D
I went for the Translogic quick shifter it worked brilliantly over the 3 days on track at the weekend. Would definitely recommend it and it's about £20 cheaper than the HM one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
u lot have got me into thinking i need a quickshifter now,i would of never dreamt about getting one and felt it was more a gimmik for the road as per say track which as we all know shaves a few seconds of lap times,but im now hooked and will get one asap. ill blame u lot when the misses finds out theres £300 missing from the joint account haha.i can hear the sound of pans banging already. hehe

·
Registered
21,712 Posts
u lot have got me into thinking i need a quickshifter now,i would of never dreamt about getting one and felt it was more a gimmik for the road as per say track which as we all know shaves a few seconds of lap times,but im now hooked and will get one asap. ill blame u lot when the misses finds out theres £300 missing from the joint account haha.i can hear the sound of pans banging already. hehe
Coolest thing ever. Big grin factor.Tell her it's a safety thing.

·
Registered
514 Posts
A QS is definitely not a necessity on a bike - but then what bit of bling is a necessity???

I bought my JCE, PCV, air filter, HM QS, Puig DB screen, Carbon this, carbon that, new seat, etc, etc because I WANT IT. It's luvly to have.
It's personalisation!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.