KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple of boring motorway journeys coming up, and need a taller screen to give a bit of an easier time on the neck muscles.
Which screen seems to perform ok without making the front of the bike look like a BMW RT!

There's a standard OEM touring screen on eBay for £40. Worth the money or better to go for a Puig or MRA alternative?

I will convert back to the standard small screen for most of the time as I think it's brilliant for everything other than cruising at 70 (plus 15) for 4 hours.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I tried loads on my 1190 the Puig Touring is great for motorways and crap weather, in high position I can ride all day without a single bug splat on the visor, but it is the worst for cool air.

KTM Touring not bad, but in high did not push air high enough for me (6'1) but not a bad half-way house and what I left on most of the time when doing local rides as I did not mind a bit of air around the face and it stopped the worst of the bug splats compared to OE one that did nothing for me in any position - but I did sometimes fit it if the weather was scorching hot and I just wanted to potter around the local lanes with the Mrs at the weekend.

The smaller MRA with spoiler was no better than stock, and Givi Airflow (which was great on my old GS and Super Tenere) gave a lot of buffeting.

Problem is with screens is different screens work for different people.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for advice, especially what to avoid. Totally understand that opinions vary. Just wondered if there was a general favourite.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Stock clear screen, spacers under the bolts to stand the screen off more. 10mm bottom, 20mm top, longer bolts required.
Then an adjustable spoiler at the top for fine tuning.
No buffeting or wind blast. I can't tolerate the additional wind noise you get with a screen so I have to make the air go over my lid.

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought one of the above. Quality is great for the money and ot def helps reduce any wind noise and buffering.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yup. I have original version of that one (MRA touring spoiler) but would probably have bought that one if it was available back when I bought mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts