KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is anyone going to have a go at this? It looks a cracking event.

The North Riding Enduro Club is hosting the final round of this years NEEC time card Enduro season in the North Of England with the “White Horse Enduro” on 10th October 2010. This “White Horse” replaces the canceled “Stang” event from back in July.

The “White Horse” event is to be run in the popular “Boltby Forest” near Thirsk, in North Yorkshire and has a great course consisting of forest, fire road and moorland going which should be very ride able and enjoyable.

There is a class for everybody and all abilities, and the club are keen to welcome any new comers to the sport and offer help at the start to explain how to work out your times, or answer any questions- just make sure you turn up early! Entries from teams of riders are also welcome.

So, if you fancy taking part in a traditional “Time Card” event, please contact Andy Cooke (on 01423 503090- see “regs available”) who will be happy to sort you out with an entry in this end of season forest enduro!

Check out a video preview here: YouTube - The White Horse Enduro 2010 - preview
NEEC - NORTH OF ENGLAND ENDURO CHAMPIONSHIP- Events Calendar

·
Registered
887 Posts
Bollocks... :(

I really want to do a timecard enduro as my first proper race (this sounds Ideal).....But I don't get my new bike until the 19th October......!!!

DOH...!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Im going to a similar one on the same day called the white horse enduro, think this one has more whire in it.. than i like.... lmao

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi few questions about this avent
1 how long goes this meeting last
2 only done a few h/h how do they they compare
3do you have to do a time card/carnt you just ride with no points
4how much does it cost
thanks mxr/53

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Give the guy a call on the number in the first post and he will fill you in on all the details my friend.

I would expect it will be roughly a 3 hr event, costing somewhere in the region of £40 to enter.

I think it is a little more relaxed than the traditional h+h event.

The North Riding Enduro Club events are a nicely run event, get signed on and post your number up and I will watch out for you and hopefully try to get a few shots for you.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow just look at the weather forecast for this weekends race. It's going to be great!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Well i nipped over today and it looks like a cracking course , well done to the people who set it out:smokin:

Im told that the entry is full now so there may not be any day entries left for the morning ?

If your entered then stick your numbers up so i can offer assistance if you get stuck in a bog near me although im travelling marshall so may just find you somewhere , have fun all those entered ..:cool:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
ok bud, thanks for the tip, try keep me on the good lines, but im the bog monster , love them!!!

what numbers on ya bike or what jacket you got on..?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Well that was a proper old school enduro that one :D

There are going to be some very sore people in the morning , cracking event and a superb course , im unsure how some people finished but NikNak was flying in the early laps so hope he has done well , the last mile in was a killer and some riders didnt even get that far on the first lap due to a few dnfs :rolleyes:

Nice to see Brompton 92 again and sure he will have some photos to show at some point .

Thanks to all helpers organisers and marshals who made the event possible even with the strict restrictions put on by the forestry commision :frown: lets just hope they let us use the land next year ......

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
cracking event... well laid out, its a credit to all the orginisers and helpers as it couldnt be done without there support.

I loved the first lap got on a good pace right from the start, last mile was sole destroying but 10 min rest before next check helped. lap 2 still felt very strong and felt i had a good test. stayed clean and completed lap 2, got to start of lap 3 and 30 min in started my next test, had 2 big offs mainly due to not being prepared how much the track had cut up and changed. got to next check with only 1 min spare. The next check droped from 22 min to 14 min, i thought it might of been possible and had some good encouragement from the time check lads, (cheers tim) so i dropped the hammer and went like fook , got off on a great pace felt invinsable but got to the last mile like eggflan said it was a killer, i hit a brickwall my full body went into shutdown i could sence i was only minuites away from the check, there was bikes and bodys scattered all over the course, i got to the check with a 5 min penalty, but managed it in 19min , i had 10 min to fuel and get ready for lap 4, by now the course was well rough and i was all for pulling out,

not another lap!!!!!!!!!

Brompton helped with motivation, and the owl fueled me with monster drink.. everybody in the pits had alook on there face of desperation. i picked my self up and set of with my 5 min penalty under my belt and dug deep to push on for the last lap..
The coure had changed again so much and lines i had used previously were just unpassable, so i took it steady and plodded through the best i could, then the monster drink must have kicked in ,,, fook me i was of on full charge bouncing over logs attacking corners ,,, got to next special test, and took off like a maniac to make up some time due to my penalitys.. felt good during the test but got hung up behing loads of sportys on the course, (but its the same for all ) so pushed to the end were i had chance.
hit next check with a bit of time, added my 5 on and went through home ward bound, 20 min to go and home,

set of on a steady pace , the sugar from the monster drink was gone and my arms were 6" longer, that last lap was the hardest thing i had done in a long time i just kept moving forward as much as i could, (few small offs through exhaustion)
managed to get back, and felt relieved ..

another big thankyou to eggflan/brompton/trevor/owl/tim, and all the others, the motivation works and really helps you along ...
looking forward to the next one now im back into it....

Last coment of the day in the pits hit home ,,,, i was sat with my head on the bars and a few asked if i was ok, (i must have looked bad), stevie trees came in shortly after looked me up and down and said i have 2 words to tell you, WEIGHT WATCHERS... cheaky bastard... but may be right...

cheers lads

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There was a young lad on his dad's old Suzuki trail bike. He needs a medal. It weighed more than a transit van. He did very well considering what he was riding.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
There was a young lad on his dad's old Suzuki trail bike. He needs a medal. It weighed more than a transit van. He did very well considering what he was riding.

Was that the silver and blue twinshock ?

He set off like a man possesed at the start but even though i covered at least 4 laps i never saw him for the rest of the day , myself and another marshal came across the lad on the 550 aprillia half way through the special test , he was sat at the bottom of the hill in the clearing and was exhausted (this was about 3 miles in on his first lap) we got him to the end of the test and he kept asking us to take him back to the start which we did after trying to get him to press on and finish the lap :rolleyes: moral of this story is when your 55 dont try this kind of enduro on a huge 550 twin with a bald back tyre ..

Much later in the day the aprillia guy came over to us at the start to say his mate was missing number 147 had gone astray and not finished his first lap :eek::eek: we set off to find him about a mile from the finish laid over his bars physically exhausted but determined to get the lap finished so we followed him in over 3 hours to do one lap just shows determination and also shows how good riders like Nik Nak are to get lap after lap in at a good pace :cool:

There was a drop off towards the middle of the course that was a good 7ft vertical down to the fire road that caught one or two out including the guy who snapped his top yoke at the bottom of said drop off :eek:

Fingers crossed that the forstry commision allow us to use the land again next year so a few more of you lot can enjoy a hard but rideable timecard enduro ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts