KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 200XC, it has front and rear lights, but NO front or rear brake light or horn!!

Do i actually need brake lights and horn, for road use? or can i get away with Daytime MOT?

What do i need to get a brake light front/rear and horn and would have these parts in stock?

I suspect i need a new loom, and switch gear at least.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
for daytime MOT you just need a electric horn ( megahorn (love that name:D) is about a tenner from halfords ) and a cheapo rear reflector - if you want full MOT then you will need to wire up wroking brake lights and dip/main beam, poss even indicators but im not sure if indicators are now a current requirement if not fitted..... - tbh i always ran my bikes on daytime MOT

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies.

A call to NIK NAK seems to have things sortd, he,s sending me a rear brake light switch, and a main/dip headlight switch.

Just trying now to find the wires to connect rear brake light!!!!!!! Found two in airbox, just trying to see if they are from the loom or come from the rear light??

Regards

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
There is a flat 3 way connector on the rear light, brown; white; white/green, similar one on the bike loom, but the XC does not have the green/white for brake light. I guess Nik is sending you the Enduro Engineering gismo that plugs in between these plugs and makes the rear brakelight switch work when the lights are on?

Proper way is to fit an EXC loom as this allows the brake lights to work when lights are off.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
keV
Thanks for the reply, not sure what Nik is sending, but did explain to him what bike I have(xc) and what I wanted to achieve.

That is to say a brake light!!!!! If I have to keep lights on then that's a load o [email protected]@@@s, and would I need a new loom?

Regards

Peter

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
keV
Thanks for the reply, not sure what Nik is sending, but did explain to him what bike I have(xc) and what I wanted to achieve.

That is to say a brake light!!!!! If I have to keep lights on then that's a load o [email protected]@@@s, and would I need a new loom?

Regards

Peter
You either need to do a bit of cutting and joining... or a new loom and main light switch with off/lo/hi lights and horn button/kill button cos all the XC has is a lights on/off push/pull button

1 - 7 of 7 Posts